Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Old 06-16-2010, 08:08 AM
J1NX3D
Three Wheelin'

Received 115 Likes on 79 Posts

^^ +1
there's not too many go fast mods available for 944 n/a's, like 924's, so advice is always - make it reliable, make it light, decent suspension, decent brakes, decent tyres and lots and lots of seat time at the track. Preferrably with someone experienced in the co-seat a few times for some helpful tips and getting out of bad habits ("best mod to a car is the driver, etc")...

Originally Posted by GeorgeNZ
go on - come over to the dark side..........
good brake fluid like Motul RBF600 and some good pads like Pagid Oranges.
Hi George, are the pagid oranges a good compromise for the street as well? from www.racebrakes.co.nz? I've been recommended Hawk HPS, Bendex ultimates and the usual mintex so i've been getting quotes. I've been using Motul RBF600 since my first track day and its great stuff.

I have to admit, i did upgrade my sways bars to a F26.8mm and R18mm as I only had a F20mm and no rear bar and the difference in handling is night and day. i wish i hadn't waited 2 years to do it!
Old 06-16-2010, 06:03 PM
GeorgeNZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its that slippery slope thing and how much compromise (its always a compromise when you track a road car) - when I started playing this silly game, tried a multitude of pads in my road car(s) - Bendix Ultimates, EBC Red/ Yellow, Mintex1144 etc. I run oranges in my 944t road car and in the 968 for Targa and racing - they are a race pad but they work from cold so they are fine on the street and they stand up to some pretty decent punishment on the track. They make a reasonable amount of brake dust so if you are fastidious about shiney wheels then they will beep you busy. They can also get a bit squeally around town if you are lalways light on hte pedal - they need a bit of work from time to time. They are not cheap but they seem to last longer than some cheaper brands so they are for me at least more economical than other pads.

Will we see you at driver training at Hampton Downs on the 31st Jul?
Old 06-16-2010, 06:20 PM
GeorgeNZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Obsessed
George, thanks for the encouragement. Nice to talk to you briefly at Hampton Downs that day of the PCNZ event, and I always think your 968 looks stunning (even if you said mechanically it is starting to get a bit tired).
!
Its not tired - its just getting warmed up - She's just had a fresh set of sphericals in the suspension and will get a bit of a polish up in time for the Club Sprints at Hampton Downs on 1st Aug. My wife is going to run it in the sprints and isn't planning on just running in the ladies grid...........
Old 06-16-2010, 08:19 PM
James-NZ
Intermediate

Hi guys, another kiwi to add to the mix.

Nice to see a familiar car on here...

I just ended a 2+ year search for a 944 with buying this nice example of a 2.7. She is in excellent order with only cosmetic paint to take care of. Wheels are going to be changed shortly, still deciding on the rim style. Then there is a list of mods/changes/improvements that should keep me interested for the next few years.

Anyway, I'm sure you guys like photo's so here she is on her trip home.
Attached Images     
Old 06-19-2010, 07:20 PM
nirich
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Welcome James!
Nice cars and nice pics. Must have been a pleasurable drive despite the weather.
Soooooooo.........you've had the car a few days and already have some mods in mind........the slippery slopes beckons!
Old 06-20-2010, 06:12 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Any PCNZ members doing the Run to Waiuku next Sunday?
Old 06-21-2010, 06:05 AM
cbnz
Instructor

Yep
Old 06-22-2010, 06:01 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Cool, my registration has gone through today so I'll see you there.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Tania W
Racer

Anyone going to the Tech Night at Motorscience?
I'll be there.
T
Old 07-02-2010, 06:45 AM
Obsessed
Pro

How was it Tania? I haven't been to any of the tech nights - they always seem to be during the week and I can't face an early evening trip to Auckland with all the Auckland traffic!

Craig, it was great to talk to you in Waiuku. If you ever stumble on another 968CS steering wheel or some 944 overmats, you know who to contact
Old 07-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Tania W
Racer

It's this Wed night...I'll let you know!
I've been to a couple at Conti's and they were great, but this will be my first at Motorscience. Incidentally, I used to get my BMW serviced at Motorscience by Dean Jensen who is ex Team McMillan BMW. They were great and looked after me really well....they have since moved premises, so it will be good to check out their new digs.
Cheers
T
Old 07-18-2010, 01:27 AM
nirich
Rennlist Member

I finally got around to washing the car...........two weeks of accumulated c**p from all the rain. Add in a nice day plus a new camera and things are looking up!
Attached Images   
Old 07-18-2010, 02:20 AM
NZ 911
Advanced

Looking good Nick - and unlike black it will still be looking good more than 5 minutes after you've finished!
Old 07-26-2010, 04:54 AM
nirich
Rennlist Member

Default The targa......

NZ911, black is stunning when polished and waxed properly but you're right it only lasts 5 minutes.

The Targa got washed later that day but one day i will polish and wax it properly. Time doesn't allow for that at the moment.
Attached Images  
Old 07-26-2010, 06:28 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Nick, both your cars look stunning, and those wheels on the Targa -- wow!!

Originally Posted by GeorgeNZ
Will we see you at driver training at Hampton Downs on the 31st Jul?
Yes, I finally stopped procrastinating, got my A into G, and registered for the driver training. I'm a bit nervous, but looking forward to it. You'll be instructing, I presume?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?