Notices

South African Rennlist Members

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 09:01 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by '06 997 4s
Hi everyone - The next Parade celebrating 60 years of Porsche in South Africa is due in June 2020 and festivities will take place at Kyalami International Raceway , Johannesburg South Africa. The track is owned by our own Mr Porsche - Toby Venter - who is also the African distributer of Porsche, Bentley and Lamboghini motor vehicles.
Registration can be done through the Cape, Easter Cape, Natal and Porsche Central Clubs. This is going to be a Parade not to be missed
any news on this re when?
Old 03-29-2021, 03:13 AM
Thavash
8th Gear

Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi all. Any South Africans still active here ?
Just bought my first Porsche - a 997 C2S. In the JHB area.
Old 03-29-2021, 05:57 AM
Dissol
Advanced

Received 138 Likes on 32 Posts

Hi Thavash,

Before this coronavirus, I used to spend half my time in JHB, driving up and back each month from the Boland. But business has gone quiet, and not currently needing to do that journey! I did 100 000km in my first 2 years of ownership and not even 5 000km this year! Have 2018 C2 991.2 as a daily driver.
Old 03-29-2021, 06:04 AM
Thavash
8th Gear

Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi. Nice to hear from you. Yes the pandemic has really changed things. I guess it wasn't the right time to buy a car but I've been saving my whole life for a 911 !
I plan to drive when I can to Hartbeespoort , North West and perhaps even Nelspruit.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:34 AM
MacAna
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Thavash
Hi all. Any South Africans still active here ?
Just bought my first Porsche - a 997 C2S. In the JHB area.
Still here. Have had the pleasure of taking my 992 C2S on hot laps around Kyalami, even during lockdown - well organised and run events by Porsche South Africa.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:48 AM
Johnny B
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still an active member guys I own JB Racing in SA with one of the biggest Porsche parts collections here.

Just got a 2001 986 Boxster S tiptronic with a 996 3.4 motor in it lots of fun to drive
Old 08-12-2021, 05:38 PM
Cojones
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi There.

I'm wondering if any of you guys in SA can help me with the service history enquiry of a formerly SA registered 991. The car has been exported out of SA.
I have the VIN number and I just need to confirm the last mileage that the service was done at, and if it had been actually done by the service center stated in the service booklet.

Firstly, let me explain my due diligence process for these cars.

Where I'm from I've come across a few 991s that have been 'clocked', with the sevice book conveniently 'missing' according to the salesman. Which obviously raises a few red flags.

A majority of 991s that come into the secondary market here are from the UK. My normal procedure for UK 991s that have a service book, (which is probably 10% of the cars brought into the secondary market here), would be just to call up the UK number on the service stamp or Porsche Center in the UK, and they will confirm that the service was done by them and at what mileage.
For the ones without a service book, I would use the VIN number and cross reference it with some websites online that will give me the last registered number plate. With this, I can go on the Ministry of Transport site and check when the last M.O.T. examination (UK law requires everycar over 3 yrs old to do a roadworthiness test annually) was done and at what approximate mileage.(This where I usually find out the odometer had been rolled back, normally to half its original mileage)

So back to the ex-SA registered 991.

I have contacted the Porsche Center in Pretoria (Where the car was first registered in SA), and was forwarded to PC Johannesburg. So sent them the VIN and what info I needed and the response that I received was this:'Because of a number of recent abuses, Porsche Centre South Africa (PCSA) has firmed up its policy regarding vehicle history enquiries, and we will not be able to assist you.

o PCSA no longer issues service histories, repair histories and ownership histories on Porsches being traded by any dealer or third party other than an authorized Porsche dealership.

o For obvious reasons, PCSA does not become involved, in any way whatsoever, in any private sale transactions between third parties and does not comment on vehicles sold by third parties.'

So I'm wondering if this is just a SA policy or for every Porsche Center? I only needed to know if any of the PCSA had serviced the car and at what mileage? I'm not even asking for previous owner records or what type of work had been done on the car, it's just due diligence on my part. I've never had any problems from any PC in the UK when purchasing cars from there. The UK service center would just reply 'Yes we have serviced this car at so and so miles'.

If that is the policy for SA then it would kill off the secondary markets for Porsches wouldn't it?
Well anyway, if anyone can help to confirm the mileage and service center it would bring me a step closer to purchasing this car.

Thanks
Old 08-13-2021, 05:11 AM
Johnny B
Rennlist Member

Hello,

My name is Johnny I own JB Racing here in SA and have one of the biggest parts collections here so am fairly well connected and maybe able to assist. If it was last serviced at an official Porsche centre it will be difficult as they don't like to give out that info unfortunately I ran into the same problem with a 986 Boxster I now own. If you email me the details of the vehicle and were it was last serviced I can try and help you, my email is johnnyb@jbracing.co.za
Old 01-10-2022, 04:05 AM
buddhamoleseal
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all

New member from Cape Town.
Old 01-30-2022, 01:29 PM
BNB911
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi All new member from USA, but have tons of Family in Pretoria & The Cape, SA.

Usually spend 4-6 weeks every other Holiday there!
Old 01-30-2022, 01:31 PM
BNB911
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

What do you guys have?
Old 01-31-2022, 10:37 AM
Johnny B
Rennlist Member

My 2001 986 Boxster S tiptronic with original Porsche Tequipment body kit (installed from new), an upgraded 996 3.4 motor, 987 / 997 seat upgrade and 18" Speedline type wheels (not original), my daily driver and love every minute of it.

Old 02-05-2022, 11:51 AM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 99 Posts

You guys have a beautiful track!

Quick Reply: South African Rennlist Members