Notices

Next MD/DC/VA/WV/PA/DE "Meet and Drive" 6 -Nov @ 9:30 am; Gaylord Hotel, Nat'l Harb

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 08:42 PM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Next MD/DC/VA/WV/PA/DE "Meet and Drive" 6 -Nov @ 9:30 am; ******* Hotel, Nat'l Harb

We've threatened to do it for sometime and now here it is!

MD/DC/VA/WV/PA/DE "meet and Drive" Southern Maryland Seafood Edition

Come and join us for a relaxed Sunday drive through the beautiful countryside of Southern Maryland . We’ll meet mid-morning (9:30 AM) at the ******* Hotel at National Harbor and drive portions of scenic Southern Maryland back roads to our mid-afternoon lunch destination at Capt. Billy's Crab House & Restaurant in Newburg, MD. http://captbillys.com/ There you'll enjoy a sumptuous seafood lunch, along with burgers, ribs, steak, or crabs from their extensive menu... all while overlooking a wide expanse of the southern portion of the Potomac River.

As is the norm with most of these events, you can just show up for the "Meet" only, do the "Meet and Drive" and not the lunch, or do all 3. There is no cost involved for the drive and lunch is reasonably priced... and good!

We will begin to gather at approximately 9:30 or so, with a departure time from the ******* of 10:15 for a spirited 75 minute drive to our destination.
We will meet at the "National Bay Courtyard" area of the hotel. This area is located near the parking garage to the left of the main entrance if you are facing the hotel.

Please let us know if you're coming so we can get a tentative idea of how many to expect.
Either post hear to the thread, and/or send an email to iconicdrives@yahoo.com with "Seafood Run" in the subject line.

Brought to you by Iconic Drives; Wayne Watkins, Tourmeister

Directions to the *******:
- From Montgomery County & Virginia:
(Capital Beltway — Outer Loop) toward Richmond/Alexandria
  • Continue on Capital Beltway, but merge with I-495 East/ I-95 North toward Baltimore
  • Stay to right, following signs for Local Traffic to National Harbor
  • Take Exit 2A toward National Harbor
  • Once on National Harbor property, keep straight on Nat'l Harbor Blvd & turn right on St. George Street
  • Follow signs to ******* National Hotel and Convention Center
- From Points North, Mont & PG Counties:
  • Take I-495 South (Capital Beltway — Inner Loop) toward Andrew's AFB
  • Stay to right, following signs for Local Traffic to National Harbor
  • Take Exit 2A toward National Harbor
  • Once on National Harbor property, keep straight on Nat'l Harbor Blvd turn right on St. George Street
OR
I-495 South (Capital Beltway — Inner Loop)
  • Take Baltimore Washington Parkway South /toward Washington
  • Stay left and merge onto 295-South toward Washington
  • Continue on 295-South past Boling AFB
  • Take Exit 1B (the very last exit on 295-South, past exit 1) toward National Harbor
  • Once on National Harbor property, keep straight on Nat'l Harbor Blvd & turn right on St. George Street

GPS coordinates (for mobile devices) are:
N38° 47.0489', W077° 1.0026'.
*Note that National Harbor is a new development and may not register on some GPS systems

Last edited by onboost; 10-26-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:31 PM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Sunday made for an amazing run organized by Iconic Drives... (Wayne) an absolutely gorgeous day, great roads and awesome assembly of cars. Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, Corvette, Mustang, Mini and Ferrari all represented well. We had approximately 35 vehicles and one hell of a great day. It was nice to hang out with a great group of car enthusiasts for the day.

See ya next time!

I took a few pics but can't seem to post.. exceeded quota?

So I stole the link below from one of the other guys.. maybe someone else has pics.. please post.

http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/n...view=slideshow

https://rennlist.com/forums/9006050-post14.html

Thx

Last edited by onboost; 11-07-2011 at 05:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Next MD/DC/VA/WV/PA/DE "Meet and Drive" 6 -Nov @ 9:30 am; Gaylord Hotel, Nat'l Harb