Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autobahn Country Club - Full track - July 24 2017

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 03:25 AM
MoD
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

In my opinion Shawn runs the best HPDE school I've ever attended. His novice group is faster than the norm and if you learn the track and want to get bumped up, he's a really easy going guy. I may attend the event myself depending on my schedule. If I do, I'll help out.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:24 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,580 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by MoD
In my opinion Shawn runs the best HPDE school I've ever attended. His novice group is faster than the norm and if you learn the track and want to get bumped up, he's a really easy going guy. I may attend the event myself depending on my schedule. If I do, I'll help out.

Mid-day here and despite a very wet track in the morning, great weather all day and having a blast.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:32 PM
facelvega
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 58 Posts

It is Monday, and you are on a racetrack, not behind a desk....

Life is good!

Old 07-25-2017, 03:19 AM
MoD
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by murphyslaw1978

Mid-day here and despite a very wet track in the morning, great weather all day and having a blast.
I made it out. I was in the tequila patron cayman. Pretty wet in the am, but dried up nice in the afternoon. I hope you had a blast.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:36 PM
walleye
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Great day!

I went out to this track day .. first time out at Autobahn, first time out with LAPS, second time out w/ the 996TT. I had the Orient Red one. Morning was ridiculous... completely overwhelming! Prior to the 996TT, I've only ever run motorcycles and never at a track with 19 turns! Crazy fun learning experience though. By my first session after lunch, I felt like I was putting the track together a little bit and by the next session felt comfortable with what I was doing. The turn by turn instruction mid-day was an awesome help and gave me some great info to go and do better. The event was extremely well organized and even in the novice group I found plenty of room to stretch out and not feel overly impeded by traffic (although I know I was a hold up in the morning!). There were a lot of great cars out there and met a lot of nice people. Can't wait to go back!
Old 07-28-2017, 04:48 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

Saw all your cars there. Porsche represented well. They ran the advanced group first and a race mustang spun 15 meters off track at the kink on the warm up lap (wtf). So that set the pace for the day. I think there were black flags in every session through lunch with that seeping water on the North course. It was dicey if you were on slicks and tiring looking ahead to apexs but also looking down for water. My eyeballs hurt. Last blue/green session was one of the best I've run at ABCC. Open track the entire session, no moving chicane drivers, totally dry track, extra long at 35 min and temps at 70-75 meant overheating brakes wasn't an issue. Tons of fun and a nice tan to boot. See you guys next time.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:47 PM
walleye
AutoX

Indeed, the north course water felt like I was driving on ice..... square up the best you can and go!

Having never tracked at ABCC before, I was surprised by the number of black flags. A few cars sustained damage scooting out of turn one and spinning. A Toyburu was one and I think another was a Viper. I can't remember what the 3rd one was (or maybe there were only two).

You're right, nwGTS, the last Green/Blue session was fantastic.... I think I let a couple of quick Vettes go by, but other than that it was like I was driving solo except for a Viper I was running down ... but ran out of time.

I'm back out at Grattan next Friday for a private rental day... Can't wait!

-Jeff
Old 08-02-2017, 12:46 AM
mgent
Instructor

Agree with all of the above comments - I don't think I had a single session that wasn't stopped due to wrecks, engine mishaps, etc until the final blue/green session - it looked like a number of cars left before the end of the day, which I'm sure helped with traffic in the joint session, but that was by far my best session of the day... That was my 3rd event with LAPS this year, and I continue to be impressed at how well they are run...

Quick Reply: Autobahn Country Club - Full track - July 24 2017