White flag?
Meatball
Old 07-01-2017, 12:02 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by jlanka
Meatball
Oh by the way, sorry to 'jack' your thread. Coochas out!
Old 07-01-2017, 12:15 PM
C-gt3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hookers n blow, before during and after.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:05 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
Oh by the way, sorry to 'jack' your thread. Coochas out!
no worries, it was a funny jack!

Old 07-01-2017, 01:42 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Every straight wiggle your toes and hands deep breathe in and out

Zen time baby
Old 07-02-2017, 03:47 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by jlanka
I need serious help. I find myself tensing up during turns, especially high G turns. I am pushing hard with my left leg on the dead pedal and clenching my hips/buttocks etc. It is a bad habit and I really need to break it, as it wears me out very fast during a session, and I come back soaked with sweat due to the physical exertion.

I have race seats and 6 point harnesses.

Has anyone had this problem, and what suggestions do you have to stop doing it so I can last better physically during a session?

Jeff
new car! i have the same issue. im in top shape, but still the car works me over depending on the track. to high of a steering ratio, weak power steering are the big cluprits. but yes, better harness set up, or straping yourself in tighter. closer to the wheel, etc, all can help.... breathing helps, but com'mon....
Old 07-02-2017, 04:21 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,272 Likes on 1,584 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
These are all great suggestions but nobody mentioned masturbating on the grid to relax.
Bags and bags of speedy dry!

For those of you who don't know Dave has starred in some Hello Kitty themed Japanese ****. Catalingus volumes 1-4; Hello Coochas; and my favorite - Two Cats, One Litter Box!

All kidding aside, my pit crew says "boobies boobies boobies" to me on the formation lap and just before the green to get my mind in a happy place. Again, that is the honest truth. Started in my very first race at Sebring a few years ago and they are generally good about repeating it!
Old 07-02-2017, 04:33 PM
987part
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need a trick to stop pissing before the 1st race.

Im having lil girl ****, like every 10 mins 😂
Old 07-02-2017, 05:06 PM
sdq7
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Der ABT
Try an entire session with a limp body, drive 7 tenths or something safe but work on the line being perfect. And focus on a fully relaxed body....let the seat hold you,
Give the mind the realization that you won't fly outta the seat.....if it really feels wrong.....go sit in others seats ....really opens your mind to how much you do or don't move in each seat
It's a fun exercise and can really eliminate unnecessarily expended energy

Recaro, sparco, racetech, omp, etc all fit really different....some hug hips, some shoulders, some your sides.....
I'm a huge fan of the racetech with the integrated back brace....seat is soooooo solid you really feel the car moving better...
Currently have a sparco but if I had the budget a racetech would be in the car (with seat cooling)
Best advice here. go slower for bit, (easier said than done). When I was young and just starting to race, I would find myself in the same place until I learned to relax take it easy and not go out and try to win until I was relaxed. It made all the difference in the world. Once I did that, I was focused and the mistakes and sweat were not nearly as often. I almost got it to a point to being so relaxed I could have fallen asleep on the grid! What happens is that the adrenaline will do its job and you have too much if you start out hyper.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:27 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Bags and bags of speedy dry!

For those of you who don't know Dave has starred in some Hello Kitty themed Japanese ****. Catalingus volumes 1-4; Hello Coochas; and my favorite - Two Cats, One Litter Box!

All kidding aside, my pit crew says "boobies boobies boobies" to me on the formation lap and just before the green to get my mind in a happy place. Again, that is the honest truth. Started in my very first race at Sebring a few years ago and they are generally good about repeating it!
One of your all time greatest posts.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:31 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sdq7
Best advice here. go slower for bit, (easier said than done). When I was young and just starting to race, I would find myself in the same place until I learned to relax take it easy and not go out and try to win until I was relaxed. It made all the difference in the world. Once I did that, I was focused and the mistakes and sweat were not nearly as often. I almost got it to a point to being so relaxed I could have fallen asleep on the grid! What happens is that the adrenaline will do its job and you have too much if you start out hyper.
+1

I am super relaxed on grid, I have nearly taken a nap waiting for a delay to be cleared.

I am more tense on surface roads than the track. With a snug seat and tight belts I let the seat control my body and focus on my car position and control. I come off after 100 minute stints and I'm ready to go again!

In long endurance races when starting it's not uncommon that I'll let a a position or two slide by after the green, after all cold tires, cold mind. I'll run a couple of race laps around 8 10ths to warm up before I let's rip!.

Ryan
Old 08-05-2017, 01:17 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

I tried working on this at Lime Rock last week. I would catch myself tensing up and each time I would try to relax the leg/hips etc. I reduced the number of times I found myself doing it after a while. It is so much more enjoyable driving without doing the tense up stuff. Thanks for all the suggestions
Old 08-05-2017, 04:05 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by 987part
I need a trick to stop pissing before the 1st race.

Im having lil girl ****, like every 10 mins 😂
Seb, I wouldn't worry about it too much...remember what Button said to Alonso when he subbed for him @ Monaco:

Have a great race (Indy 500)--I'm gonna pee in your seat

Gary

Quick Reply: Help with relaxing on track