Sponsored by:

July Sears Point RACE (SCCA and PCA) who's going

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 05:47 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts
Default July Sears Point RACE (SCCA and PCA) UPDATE with PICTURES /Results

I was going to try and promote the race to the list , but it sounds like, after my surprise to see all the porsches out there last race at Laguna, i would check the entries first. Looks like PCA is following SCCA around Northern California these days! So, looks like things are filling up but lots of room in the Group 3 for porsches as well (like we had in the Laguna race last month)

Im debating on running with PCA this time around, but dont know if its worth getting the license renewed for one event.

Last edited by mark kibort; 07-02-2017 at 02:48 PM.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:24 PM
Kaplan69
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hello Mark, I was directed to find you here by Mark Anderson.. I posted a series of questions under "Endurance 928" thread, and he said you may have some input.. I would appreciate any wisdom or suggestions.. Thanks! Ken
Old 06-27-2017, 07:55 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kaplan69
Hello Mark, I was directed to find you here by Mark Anderson.. I posted a series of questions under "Endurance 928" thread, and he said you may have some input.. I would appreciate any wisdom or suggestions.. Thanks! Ken
Hi Ken.... ill check out the thread and get back to you. thanks for reaching out.
is it on the 928 boards?

Mark
Old 06-27-2017, 09:26 PM
Kaplan69
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Endurance 928

Yes, "Endurance 928" probably on page 2 by now... THANKS! Ken
Old 06-28-2017, 02:57 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kaplan69
Yes, "Endurance 928" probably on page 2 by now... THANKS! Ken
Great! I found it.. hope i can help!!

Mark
Old 07-02-2017, 02:56 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Default Race results and weekend pics

Great weather at a fantastic track . close racing and lots of fun.
met a bunch of the POC guys out there in the PCA run group and ran my race with the SCCA folks, as i have a "Thing " going on with about 4 of the cars that are all very close there (nascar, 500hp evo, 600hp NSX, corvetteC6, mustangs, etc)

the PCA group had a few 991 cups and a CF 996RSR which was called "woody" back in the day.. the new owner steve had it out.
many of the guys were thinking it was unlimited sound and were having problems. i tried to help a few, as some were going back to the screen with steel wool approach to a muffler that only results in a flame thrower! anyway, they were all lifting at the start finish, some with some sucess. the only way to fix the issue is with some cheapo mufflers like the ricers use and just bolt them on the ends.

my race was good made a pass on transam pontiac, but got passed by the nascar and was just nose to tail with the NSX most of the race. good fun and now have to get some tires, fix a steering rack that has No bushings left before next months laguna , also PCA race!!
Attached Images           
Old 07-02-2017, 03:00 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

By the way , for all the nannies out there scared of "older " tires, i once again ran some tires about 8 years old. they were stored in my garage and wrapped with plastic. they were only .25 seconds off my best of the weekend and felt fantastic. check out the picture of it. i dont know how anyone can think that is dangerous as the tires were moist, rubber sticky and the times dont lie (nor does the feel) . a HECK of a lot better than the practice tires i just pulled off... 12 heat cycles and they were junk.........these were 4 heat cycls when i got them from a viper friend ,as well as the rears which were more like 2. both 2009 date stamps
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: July Sears Point RACE (SCCA and PCA) who's going