Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Le Mans - For the love of God don't post the results in thread title!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 06:13 PM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisFL
Yes. BoP overall was kind of a joke. Its like they overcorrected everything from last year.
Originally Posted by ProCoach
Actualy, I thought BoP was pretty good in Pro.
I posted this in the GT3 forum's Le Man thread:

I never understood how BOP doesn't defeat the whole purpose of factory car competition. Here I am doing all this research, extracting as much performance as possible out of a given hunk of metal only to be told: "Yea, good job you did there. As a matter of fact, so good that we would have to choke or fatten up your car a bit so it doesn't destroy its competition." What?

What's the point of factory car competition when every car has to be submitted to a 'fair equalizer' (BOP) whose goal is to make it as equal as possible to every other competing car? It seems that the only thing a factory car win proves is that the BOP has somehow unfairly advantaged the winners vs. the losers.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:28 PM
ChrisFL
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
I posted this in the GT3 forum's Le Man thread:

I never understood how BOP doesn't defeat the whole purpose of factory car competition. Here I am doing all this research, extracting as much performance as possible out of a given hunk of metal only to be told: "Yea, good job you did there. As a matter of fact, so good that we would have to choke or fatten up your car a bit so it doesn't destroy its competition." What?

What's the point of factory car competition when every car has to be submitted to a 'fair equalizer' (BOP) whose goal is to make it as equal as possible to every other competing car? It seems that the only thing a factory car win proves is that the BOP has somehow unfairly advantaged the winners vs. the losers.
Its not F1, its how can a 5.5L V8, 4.0L Flat 6, and V6TT with completely different chassis compete in the same class? BoP makes for better racing and better competition but I think all the sandbagging non-sense needs to be better regulated. You get 2-3 drivers hired by the WEC to test each car, then after BoP, do a few more laps in them to see if the changes are not enough or too much.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:34 PM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Its not F1, its how can a 5.5L V8, 4.0L Flat 6, and V6TT with completely different chassis compete in the same class? BoP makes for better racing and better competition...
But what does a factory 'win' mean or prove other than showing which car gained a bigger advantage by that particular set of BOP modifications? In what way does it show that a Porsche is better than an Aston or a Corvette?
Old 06-19-2017, 07:00 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,403 Likes on 748 Posts

Really ACO? because of a cut-out in the body work?? Would this not be caught during the pre-race scrutineering?

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story...le-mans-061917
I'm sure money changed hands to the right Frenchmen...
Old 06-19-2017, 07:06 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,801 Likes on 1,655 Posts

http://www.racer.com/wec-le-mans/ite...odium-finisher

And then, they tried to cover it up... NO touching the car in parc ferme or impound...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 06-19-2017, 07:11 PM
Bill Lehman
Three Wheelin'

Received 227 Likes on 134 Posts

In case you missed the race, here are the high lights in 10 minutes http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/v...-highlights-3/

Quick Reply: Le Mans - For the love of God don't post the results in thread title!