Sponsored by:

Northeast Region @ Calabogie July 18, 19 & 20

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 11:32 AM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Northeast Region @ Calabogie July 18, 19 & 20

After a several year hiatus, NER is finally returning to Calabogie Motorsports Park (CMP), in Calabogie, Ontario for three days - July 18, 19 and 20 - and you are invited!

As some of you already know, Calabogie is a unique combination of speed and flowing corner combinations. The track rewards smooth, patient driving and is designed to test the drivers’ concentration and car control skills throughout the entire lap. With what might initially seem a daunting 20 corners, with experience several of these corners group nicely and the result is a fast, fun ride on a great track...

Calabogie does allow camping on site, and there are washroom and shower facilities available. As well, there will be a Wine & Beer Social when the track day ends on Tuesday.

As an aside, I often get asked as NER Track Chair if NER welcomes non-Porsche marques into our events. Absolutely we do! And often, our driver ranks have in their midst BMWs, Audis, Maitas, a few renegade Lotus' and some "American Iron" as well..

Further details can be found here: NER DE Event at Calabogie Motorsports Park

Hope to see you there, and I'll update this tread as we get closer to the date, as we are considering a few options to maximize all the attendees time "on track". More to follow on this idea...

My Best to all,

John D.
Chief Cook & Bottle Washer - NER PCA
Old 06-16-2017, 06:07 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 394 Likes on 203 Posts

Calabogie is such a cool track, I'm glad NER/NCR are heading back there. The old Pawxster was especially well suited to the twisty understeering sections of that track. Your new Lotus, cough cough cough, will like it there methinks.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:44 PM
John D.
Banned

Thanks buddy!!! We'll miss you for sure...! Maybe, we'll see your old Pawxster up there, but don't know if they've registered? That car goes like SCAT (a Scalded CAT )

As well - hope you take something for that incessant "cough" you posted about above...??? Haha!! Yep - the Lotus I had at Palmer last weekend for our three day event... It was awesome - so, too, was the event..! Missed you there as well...!

Best to you, Coochas..!

John D.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:51 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John D.
Thanks buddy!!! We'll miss you for sure...! Maybe, we'll see your old Pawxster up there, but don't know if they've registered? That car goes like SCAT (a Scalded CAT )

As well - hope you take something for that incessant "cough" you posted about above...??? Haha!! Yep - the Lotus I had at Palmer last weekend for our three day event... It was awesome - so, too, was the event..! Missed you there as well...!

Best to you, Coochas..!

John D.
Awwww, miss you too John. Actually, Irene misses you,...I'm OK.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:08 PM
John D.
Banned

Well - here's a crazy idea... Jen & I will stop by and pick up Irene on our way up??? She's more than welcome to drive the "..cough, cough Lotus"...

John D.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:15 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Well - here's a crazy idea... Jen & I will stop by and pick up Irene on our way up??? She's more than welcome to drive the "..cough, cough Lotus"...

John D.
She appreciates the offer but reminded me that we are going to Thunderbolt then.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:18 PM
John D.
Banned

Just as a quick update...

If you are an Intermediate Solo driver or higher - you may want to bring extra tires, brake pads - whatever... For, if the registration sign-ups remain as they are for this event, you will have an unprecedented amount of track time available (think along the lines of "many hours per day" )

Also, I've had a fair number of questions from those in outside regions as to how their Run Groups fold into Northeast Region Run Groups (such as Rennsport "Blue" drivers, etc.). Please feel free to PM me if you have specific questions regarding your level vs. NER...

Best to all for a terrific weekend!

John D.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:55 PM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, I miss those days! Have a blast!
Old 06-23-2017, 05:45 PM
John D.
Banned

Well - don't quote me in this Michael - BUT - we miss having you around these parts as well.!! If there is any way you could show up - you know you'd be more than welcome to drive any selection of cars - not mine, I mean - but...

Seriously - hope to catch up soon and my best always!

John D.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:48 PM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

Thx John! 😜
Old 06-24-2017, 03:53 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by morsini
Thx John! 😜
He never extends that red carpet to me. In fact, he sends me a completely different track schedule and then tells me the events are full.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:20 PM
John D.
Banned

Originally Posted by Coochas
...he sends me a completely different track schedule and then tells me the events are full.
I'd NEVER do that to you - well - at least more than once. Or twice - maybe??? Well - I haven't done it recently to you, as in the past couple of months....

Let me know which event you'll make - and I'll bring the Red Carpet for you...

John D.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:24 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

I'd NEVER do that to you - well - at least more than once. Or twice - maybe??? Well - I haven't done it recently to you, as in the past couple of months....

Let me know which event you'll make - and I'll bring the Red Carpet for you...

John D.
meow
Old 06-25-2017, 07:26 PM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Coochas
He never extends that red carpet to me. In fact, he sends me a completely different track schedule and then tells me the events are full.
At the very least, he stands downwind.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:54 PM
John D.
Banned

You two really should at least try to be nicer to me..???

BTW - we are playing with a schedule that offers about FOUR HOURS of open track time per day - over the three day event... It could be more - but probably won't be less...

Just sayin'...

Best always!

John D.

Quick Reply: Northeast Region @ Calabogie July 18, 19 & 20