Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Mitty at Road Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 05:41 PM
PLNewman
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 67 Posts

I'll admit it was pretty cool having the pre-race track walk, the grid girls, the invocation, the Star Spangled Banner, and the "Gentlemen and Ladies, please start your engines."

In the race, the older cars left my Spec Boxster in the dust on the back stretch (disappearing to tiny dots on the horizon), then I'd catch them under braking (and pass them) in 10a/b and 12, only to have them zoom by on the front straight. Back and forth. Back and forth. Fun racing.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:36 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 46 Posts

I didn't have that issue. In the enduro the LMP and DP cars blew by me in the corners AND the straights. I qualified with a 1:28. Gunnar Jeanette did a 1:13 in the race. Have a nice day.

Then I tried outbreaking the Lizard RSR into 10a down the inside. Uh, no. He just went deeper round the outside. Still heck of a fun race.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:08 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,670 Posts

Originally Posted by Ritter v4.0
I didn't have that issue. In the enduro the LMP and DP cars blew by me in the corners AND the straights. I qualified with a 1:28. Gunnar Jeanette did a 1:13 in the race. Have a nice day.

Then I tried outbreaking the Lizard RSR into 10a down the inside. Uh, no. He just went deeper round the outside. Still heck of a fun race.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Quick Reply: The Mitty at Road Atlanta