Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Australia F1 Qualifying -spoiler alert

Old 03-26-2017, 01:01 PM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hsmith
Exciting to see Ferrari back to winning. Can't wait to see MB and Ferrari fight this season. Ferrari race pace looks very strong.
+1
Let's see how Hamilton handles losing this year!-Richard
Old 03-26-2017, 03:04 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by My993C2
On an unrelated note, I have been working on learning Spanish and it is somewhat similar to Italian. I could actually understand Vettel as he spoke to the team in Italian at the end of the race. LOL
I know Italian fairly well. The loose translation was:

"Thank you everyone. Thank you. Take that Hamilton and your bitches at Mercedes. Your reign is over. You suck. Let the bells ring at Maranello. Thanks again guys. Wooo."
Old 03-26-2017, 03:14 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

I loved seeing Toto banging his fist on the table
Old 03-26-2017, 03:28 PM
gbuff
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 259 Posts

--Great to see the F-cars succeed
--Surprised to see Lewis not sulking after the race
--Happy to see Massa with a decent finish
--Priceless to see SV and Webber embracing on the podium after hating each other all those years
--Sad to see what looks like another lost year for Alonso
--Wonderful to not see Bernie

Bring on Shanghai!!

Gary
Old 03-26-2017, 04:18 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by jlanka
And they kept replaying it!:

Also is the Italian National Anthem the longest in the world?

Old 03-26-2017, 05:11 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,855 Likes on 1,698 Posts

Stayed up to watch the race live as I knew it would determine if this year would be compelling or not.... and it didn't disappoint!!!! As a Ferrari fan, I have to temper my excitement because I know that Mercedes has 2 weeks of analysis to figure out what went wrong. If there was a race next week, I'd give the nod to Ferrari, but that's not the case.

Some things I took away from the race:

It was so pleasurable to hear Hamilton on the radio with panic in his voice about where he was in relationship to Vettel and his tires etc. For the past 4 years, Mercedes have had an intramural scrimmage within their own team and who would come out on top... yesterday, there was actual a different driver/team (albeit just 1 driver) that would challenge their absolute dominance and Mercedes is not used to racing other people. To this point, they've been putting in 5-6 fast laps, gapping the field and maintaining their gap. When they actually had to race yesterday, they forgot how to do it!!!

Based on Toto's banging the table with his fist on 2 different occasions, it tells me that he absolutely didn't think Ferrari had the outright pace to challenge them this year. Coupled with Hamilton's panic over the radio, it tells me the message has been served and it's on!

Hamilton genuinely appeared happy for Vettel after the race and believe it sunk in that there will be a legitimate challenger to his this year and he's welcoming it.

Once again, based on actions in the race, Bottas was not allowed to challenge Hamilton for 2nd position, even though he was catching him up at an amazing pace and had the fresher tires. It appears that the Mercs boys have orders to hold position after the final pitstop.... and it appears that most races will be a 1 stop race this year based on the tires.

Troubling... 3 Ferrari power units failed in yesterday's race.

Kimi was far off the pace but I have to believe that's due to a set up issue and he will bounce back.

Vettel mentioned that the Ferrari still didn't have great balance or at least not 100% balance so there's more speed in the car.

China's long back straight will give everyone a better indication of outright speed and grunt of everyone's engine. We'll see who has to feather off downforce in order to get their top speed up.

Albert Park is a difficult place to pass. the Red Bulls look to be way down on power and if Hamilton couldn't pass Verstappen, you know that it's hard to pass there. China will be different so we'll see if this new formula will allow for passing. There was a double pass on Alonso toward the end of the race. The cars "appeared" to be able to follow him closely and 2 cars passed, which was encouraging, but Alonso also had to retire the car shortly thereafter so it's still unknown if the cars suffer from aero wash.

Anyways, good to see a worthy challenge to the almightly Mercedes finally!
Old 03-26-2017, 06:57 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,715 Likes on 910 Posts

Cars look much better but I agree with Hobo that they should bin the shark fins.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:10 PM
Dr911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by StoogeMoe
I know Italian fairly well. The loose translation was:

"Thank you everyone. Thank you. Take that Hamilton and your bitches at Mercedes. Your reign is over. You suck. Let the bells ring at Maranello. Thanks again guys. Wooo."
That made me smile!
Thanks for the paraphrase.

Anyone who has driven the course, please can you share your experience?
Old 03-26-2017, 08:21 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by jlanka
The most telling of all - loved it!

PS - just booked tix to Monza at the 1st corner, Spa already booked.

Looking forward to a great season! Cars look FAST.

Cheers

Matt

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Australia F1 Qualifying -spoiler alert