Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Drunk posting again? Calling Dr Freud...
I saw that too.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:18 PM
AGO
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
I saw that too.
Ditto!
Old 03-08-2017, 05:19 PM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

I swear to drunk I'm not god
Old 03-08-2017, 05:25 PM
AGO
Rennlist Member

To complete the weekend view... after the 4 sessions with R7, rest of the weekend was wet/dump and switched back to MPSC2, balance was back to normal (just a bit understeery). I know them better and can lean on those, still a lot to learn on R7's.

Laptimes: I never got an open lap, quite a bit of traffic. Based on partial data I should have been about 2 sec quicker (projecting cumulative time when I started a clean lap but catching traffic on T6 through T10).
Old 04-02-2017, 07:25 PM
AGO
Rennlist Member

Update.

Interesting, got another track day at COTA (5 sessions) with EA. Worked well pressures from first session on. Consistent behavior and managed better the new balance of the car, no issues other than, after removing the R7 noted rears cording on the inside (more evident on the driver's side tire as we have lots of left corners at COTA). All this after 9 HC...

As a reminder, I'm running 19' and rear camber was -2.6 so, not extreme but too much according to some that provided advise on setting to keep them at about -2 or -2.1, now my personal experience prove them right. Unless I overheated them at my initial runs (which may be the case) and the rears were doomed right at the beginning of their life...

Next: get two new rears and wear out the fronts... which are in good shape so far.

Question: Any advice against this? Probably I'll revert to lower negative camber as I don't think is smart to have corded tires after 9HC... If overheating them early is the problem I think I learned how to manage them better.

Quick Reply: New to Hoosiers - what to do, expect..