Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any experience with Pagid's new compounds?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 04:02 PM
Difool
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Any experience with Pagid's new compounds?

Specifically RSL1 and/or RSL2?

I've been running Pagid Yellow RS29 for a few years and have no complaints - Stock size for 987 CS, + Giro Disks + R7s. I like the modulation. I like how long they last. In late 2015 I was lucky to get more than a year's supply from someone selling their CR for a GT4! No such luck this year and that supply is almost out.

According to Pagid the RSL1 is the newer compound for similar applications and RSL2 is the next gen after that. Does anyone have any real experience with them that can be shared here?
Old 02-20-2017, 04:26 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 761 Likes on 499 Posts

No personal experience, but talk to Jason at Paragon Products. He is a very large Pagid distributor and has connections with everyone in Pagid. If that fails, shoot me a message and I can get you in touch with one of the motorsport field guys.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:46 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Difool
Specifically RSL1 and/or RSL2?

I've been running Pagid Yellow RS29 for a few years and have no complaints - Stock size for 987 CS, + Giro Disks + R7s. I like the modulation. I like how long they last. In late 2015 I was lucky to get more than a year's supply from someone selling their CR for a GT4! No such luck this year and that supply is almost out.

According to Pagid the RSL1 is the newer compound for similar applications and RSL2 is the next gen after that. Does anyone have any real experience with them that can be shared here?
If you havent tried the RS-14, (Black) you might want to give them a go. the pads you are using are endurance pads and they dont have the bite that the black do. sure, they might last a bit longer, but you might want to test something else out. you have a high performance car on high performance tires and are not running enduros, so why not bring the brakes up to the tires /calipers capability level.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:13 AM
Jason @ Paragon Products
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Primary difference is that the RSL1 will have a bit more bite than the RS29 (now known as RSL29). If you've got enough tire grip to handle some additional bite you may want to give the RSL1 a try. As Mark mentioned, a sprint compound may be worth considering as well. RS14 has been the most popular Pagid sprint compound for quite a while but the new RST3 is rapidly gaining popularity.

Parts | Tech-Session | Facebook | Youtube

Jason Burkett
Paragon Products - Porsche Parts & Accessories*- 800.200.9366
Tech Session - Porsche Tech & Info*- 361.289.8834
jason@paragon-products.com
Old 02-21-2017, 01:50 PM
Beantown Kman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

RS14's are what are known as "blacks". They have a LOT of bite, they wear fairly quickly, are not the kindest to rotors, and aren't the best for modulation. But they will stop the car quickly and that's why they are so popular among racers. I've used them without problems and I like them. Last year I tried a few sets of the new RST3's. I like them too. They seem to combine the best properties of the old RS14's and RS29's. Good bite and good modulation. Really can't go wrong with any of the ones mentioned here. If cost of consumables is a high priority you're better off with an endurance compound.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:11 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Like Jonathan said.
I ran 14s and liked them. I switched to 29s and liked them even more.
Glad to hear there is a new version that is a bit of a combination.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:42 PM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 93 Posts

Remember Brakes only slow you down!
The following users liked this post:
jwr9152 (08-02-2019)
Old 02-26-2017, 01:49 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason @ Paragon Products
Primary difference is that the RSL1 will have a bit more bite than the RS29 (now known as RSL29). If you've got enough tire grip to handle some additional bite you may want to give the RSL1 a try. As Mark mentioned, a sprint compound may be worth considering as well. RS14 has been the most popular Pagid sprint compound for quite a while but the new RST3 is rapidly gaining popularity.
Jason I've run RS29's for years now on my 6-cup. The RST3 and the RSL1 are apparently not available in 2707. What do you recommend?...
Old 11-18-2017, 07:12 AM
RichBunch
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Jason I've run RS29's for years now on my 6-cup. The RST3 and the RSL1 are apparently not available in 2707. What do you recommend?...
You have most likely already solved this since your last post was from Feb, but...size 8004 will work with your calipers. I have them on my car now. I also know that Jason at Paragon has them in stock since he got some in for me.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:05 PM
Difool
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 75 Posts

Interesting, and good to know! No I went with a set of the old yellows to finish out the season, and sort of regretted it. I have a note to call Jason after thanksgiving to order a couple sets to make sure I have stock for the spring, which is still a loooong way away.

thanks!

Quick Reply: Any experience with Pagid's new compounds?