Sponsored by:

Tuners Group Australia...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 06:01 PM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Tuners Group Australia...

So don't know if this is in bad form or not, if it is I apologize. We always here when someone has a bad experience with a seller or vendor but rarely does someone take the time to let you know about the good. With that being said, I have been fortunate enough to have had quite a few good experiences, Fabspeed, BodyMotion, JPC, Magnagrafx and many others have all been phenomenal and these guys were really at that upper echelon of service.
For those that know him they are the Frank 993 C4S of thoroughness when it comes to vendors. Now with that being said, I didn't end up purchasing from them (I will explain at the end) but that doesn't change the fact they were exceptional.

Long story short I am doing a quick release PDK wheel on my 987.2 Boxster. Reached out to quite a few people and these guys came back with such a thorough and detailed explanation of what they offered, the process involved, their history, experience etc etc. You can tell by the emails I got these are just true true motorsports enthusiasts really willing to help someone out and go the extra mile between answering a question and explaining the answer...

As it turns out, all of the solutions I looked at required some steering column modification and custom wiring. Then I found KMP. Just so happens I was able to save a few bucks due to the exchange rate right now and the plug and play nature of the KMP solution was just too attractive to me. At the end of the day buying the plug and play kit came out to probably the exact same price as the custom kits and then labor for the wiring.

So while I went KMP, I just wanted to take a moment to call these guys out and share my experience.

BTW, here is the KMP

Old 02-19-2017, 10:00 AM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have had horrible luck with the Tuners Group of Australia. Have been waiting on a quick release for a GTR customer since october. Nothing but empty promises and excuses.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:02 AM
Seraphim
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
I have had horrible luck with the Tuners Group of Australia. Have been waiting on a quick release for a GTR customer since october. Nothing but empty promises and excuses.
Hi there,

Would like to know if you got your part delivered in the end?

It is looking like I may be in a similar situation - ordered my stuff in November and haven't gotten a definitive update besides the usual "I will chase up on your order", "I will check on your order status" etc.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:04 AM
GeroMB
1st Gear

Hi, you were very right to not trust The Tuners Group in Australia. Unfortunately, I did and the guy riped me off. He was very helpful in the beginning and explained everything, then I wired him the money to pay for the order and the good service stopped. He eventuelly came back with a few explanations and then stoped to reply to me. I never received my order, I never heard from them again and certainly did not get my money back. So The Tuners Group is a scam and fraud. Be very careful and do not wire them any money.
Old 12-31-2017, 04:23 PM
zffnhsn
Rennlist Member

Unfortunately they got me too. I dealt with a man named Adam. He claimed to be struggling with a serious health issue, but promised to fulfill my order. It never happened. Out of curiosity I went to their website this afternoon. It appears to be off line.

Quick Reply: Tuners Group Australia...