Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CVR Track Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 10:49 AM
blue44
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For Watkins Glen June 12-13, CVR still has room in all rungroups. A few garages left. After the track walk join us for a catered banquet at the Glen Club. Seeking instructors, if you haven't instructed for CVR in the past, please register as a solo driver and plan instructor check-out on the first day... Thanks,

Donn C.

Originally Posted by Qwickrick
We are sold out in our instructed run groups, but still have a few openings in our solo run groups.

We will probably be running three run groups, so plenty of run time for all.

Track walk Monday night and Peter Argetsinger will again be our Pro Coach.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:53 AM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 100 Posts

Probably easier for CVR to get some additional qualified instructors with a reference note from a CI versus asking them to pay full freight as a student and go for a check-out ride.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:19 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,241 Likes on 1,576 Posts

Originally Posted by brownan
Probably easier for CVR to get some additional qualified instructors with a reference note from a CI versus asking them to pay full freight as a student and go for a check-out ride.
I don't speak for CVR but there is a reason why we are strict. You know you are are going to be safe and you know what you are going to get.

I had a really bad experience with an out of region CI about three years ago. The guy was not fit to be an instructor, never mind CI. A note from him would be worthless.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:44 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,800 Likes on 1,654 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I don't speak for CVR but there is a reason why we are strict. You know you are are going to be safe and you know what you are going to get.

I had a really bad experience with an out of region CI about three years ago. The guy was not fit to be an instructor, never mind CI. A note from him would be worthless.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 05-22-2017, 01:33 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 100 Posts

My sense is that in the NE it is easy to figure out who is a good instructor and who isn't. I serve as a co-CI and the group of CIs from other clubs are all quite thoughtful when asked to provide a recommendation for a transferring Instructor. Example, if John Schnabel from CVR emails me I gave him a frank view about an Instructor. Same works vice versa and we have a number of very good current and former CVR Instructors in our ranks.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:13 AM
blue44
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For Watkins Glen June 12-13, CVR still has a couple of instructed spots available, and room in solo groups. Registration for WGI closes Thursday night. Registration for our Palmer event July 14-15 opens Friday... Thanks,

Donn
Old 06-04-2017, 07:02 AM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Registration for our two day DE at Palmer on July 14 and 15 is now open.
We will again have Lee Carpentier as our Pro Coach for this event.
Come join us
Old 06-04-2017, 12:23 PM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by brownan
I can corroborate that this was the case for me and for some other instructors I know. I inquired into instructing for CVR and was told to sign up as a student, get a check-out, then I'd be mentored for a year. I said no thanks.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:49 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by the_vetman
I can corroborate that this was the case for me and for some other instructors I know. I inquired into instructing for CVR and was told to sign up as a student, get a check-out, then I'd be mentored for a year. I said no thanks.
Exactly
Old 06-04-2017, 01:05 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by the_vetman
They do produce some excellent instructors, took Sean F., Paolo, and myself 1.5 seasons and a LOT of full price DE's to get there... but if you are already a PCA National Instructor I think their point is they just want to check you out quick to see if you are up to their standards, not a crazy request. Worst case you don't get a student and you run in Black, have a great time, and don't sign up to instruct with them again.
Old 06-04-2017, 01:15 PM
GT3 Jockey
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I wanted to sign up last year for a CVR event at Lime Rock. I drive in the black solo group in my own region. They told me they'd put me in green novice run group. I respectfully declined
Old 06-04-2017, 01:22 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,241 Likes on 1,576 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Jockey
I wanted to sign up last year for a CVR event at Lime Rock. I drive in the black solo group in my own region. They told me they'd put me in green novice run group. I respectfully declined
I was in NASA HPDE 3 when I first drive with CVR. I was put in green for two days and then bumped up to yellow instructed. I had already been solo for a few years with NASA.

It really pissed me off at the time. In hindsight they were 100% correct.
Old 06-04-2017, 01:34 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

With proper credentials & referral- if you want to run with CVR- it's a check out ride and know our DE handbook.
Old 06-04-2017, 01:36 PM
GT3 Jockey
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I was in NASA HPDE 3 when I first drive with CVR. I was put in green for two days and then bumped up to yellow instructed. I had already been solo for a few years with NASA.

It really pissed me off at the time. In hindsight they were 100% correct.
CVR is the only region that has given me a hard time over this. All the other regions have so far honored and accepted my group designation from my home region. Even other organizations like Chin or HOD have been more accommodating than CVR. I don't understand how we can all belong to the same car club yet not honor such basic criteria from a neighboring region. Now please don't get me wrong. I'm always looking to learn and improve. Isn't that why we do this in the first place? I lap Lime Rock in under a minute. You put someone like me in the green group and closing speeds become outright dangerous. It just all seems very close minded and I really don't get it.
Old 06-04-2017, 01:44 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What home region? Which HOD event? What referrals and you spoke to whom? CVR has their own perspective on certain things and it just needs to be respected if you want to run with us. Being under a minute at Lime Rock doesn't mean anything in regards to coaching.

Quick Reply: CVR Track Schedule