Racing License

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 04:06 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,285 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Originally Posted by caymannyc
Don't get me wrong, I LOVED going to the track, spending time at the paddock. Just not sure about the little ones As you mention, there's a lot for us to do at the track, whether it's talking with mechanics, working on the car, talking to other drivers, etc., and to be good at the sport you need to be doing those things, but then I'm not sure how interested kids will be when you're having technical discussions about car setup.

Just wanted to hear how some of you (if you have young toddler kids) managed to balance both as I'm trying to figure it out for myself. As you know, it's not just the track days/racing weekends that consume our time. We also have our iRacing, cars and coffees on weekends, working on the car, etc. Maybe if posted in the wrong thread I apologize, didn't mean to hijack.
If you have little ones it is tough - no doubt about it. I keep adding races and track days to my schedule when they are announced. When my wife yells out "just how many days are you going to be on track?!" I know I have reached my limit!

Never a need to apologize as all threads on RL eventually go in other directions!
Old 01-28-2017, 12:35 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 298 Posts

I think it all depends on how supportive the family is..........if they want you to race, they will do everything in their power to make it happen. If they don't, then every excuse in the book will be made as to why you should not go. As for little ones, it might be a great time to spend with Grandpa and Grandma or other loving family members or friends.

Quick Reply: Racing License