Old 12-02-2016, 06:08 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,800 Likes on 1,654 Posts

Originally Posted by CFGT3
True dat...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 12-02-2016, 06:30 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

It won't happen, but it would be cool if Mercedes tested some of the drivers just released from Audi Sport and VW WRC. It would be interesting to see how they stack up.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:09 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 504 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS

All the good drivers have iron clad contracts. So don't expect Verstappen, Ricciardo, Vettel, or Alonso in the car next year. And yeah, Hulkenberg is on suicide watch right now. Button (as much as I like him) and Massa are has-beens. Wehrlein is good. Good enough to drive the best car at the moment? TBD.

I also don't see why Hamilton would be celebrating. Emotions aside, the reason why Rosberg won this year is because Hamilton had poor starts in the beginning of the season (apparently not his fault, it was the car) and then reliability issues. In a straight fight he was the better driver. Hell, last race he was reading the paper while driving and Rosberg still couldn't pass him So if I were Hamilton I wouldn't necessarily be happy. Rosberg was someone he knew he could beat. The other drivers in the works Mercedes could be a different story.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:41 PM
KINGSRULE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

What a douche...he lucked out this season and knows he'll get killed next year

Put him in a Bull or Ferrari and he'd be a mid pack driver....

A tainted champion who's teammate absolutely spanked him.......

Good riddance......
Old 12-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 500 Likes on 251 Posts

Chassis changes coming, tyre width, track all changing. My money is still on Merc because the power unit is just that much better. Although the rules changes always allow for some shake up. Hopefully. Massa is retired and so is Button so I have no idea where that came from. IMO Alonso deserves a crack again in a top car. Six drivers could have won in the Merc this year. It was that good...
Old 12-02-2016, 08:13 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by KINGSRULE
What a douche...he lucked out this season and knows he'll get killed next year

Put him in a Bull or Ferrari and he'd be a mid pack driver....

A tainted champion who's teammate absolutely spanked him.......

Good riddance......
Speaking of douche's…

You sound like the Lewis fanboys on the F1 forums. Nobody wins a WDC on luck alone. He is not the first driver to win a WDC on consistent point finishes. You want luck? Try Lewis in 2008. He out qualified Lewis 8 times this year and won 9 races, that's head to head. IMO, Lewis left about 25 points on the table with poor starts (not convinced they were all on Merc) and over aggressive driving mid season.

I'm not even a Rosberg fan. Just can't let uneducated comments like that go. I'll show myself out
Old 12-02-2016, 08:15 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

Some think Merc would like Button since he has experience to help with feedback on a new car. New F1 drivers aren't going to be as good at that.

Not sure I agree but it is a theory being tossed around.

He's got nothing to lose. No family. Etc
Old 12-02-2016, 08:19 PM
dizzyj
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Kimi!

put him in a top car just for the f1 entertainment value. The more camera time for him the better for the sport
Old 12-02-2016, 08:23 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by ilko

All the good drivers have iron clad contracts. So don't expect Verstappen, Ricciardo, Vettel, or Alonso in the car next year. And yeah, Hulkenberg is on suicide watch right now. Button (as much as I like him) and Massa are has-beens. Wehrlein is good. Good enough to drive the best car at the moment? TBD.

I also don't see why Hamilton would be celebrating. Emotions aside, the reason why Rosberg won this year is because Hamilton had poor starts in the beginning of the season (apparently not his fault, it was the car) and then reliability issues. In a straight fight he was the better driver. Hell, last race he was reading the paper while driving and Rosberg still couldn't pass him So if I were Hamilton I wouldn't necessarily be happy. Rosberg was someone he knew he could beat. The other drivers in the works Mercedes could be a different story.
Love the photo. Hulk has potential for sure and Merc could probably give preferred treatment to Hamilton that way. Not sure if Merc wants to continue with the 1A or 1B driver line up. They may want a bigger name than Hulk. It will be interesting..
Old 12-02-2016, 08:32 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CFGT3
SHOCKED!!! Unless there is something we don't know about... perhaps a health issue... This is crazy.
for sure a health issue...Nico has a p**sy

Old 12-02-2016, 10:09 PM
KINGSRULE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Speaking of douche's…

You sound like the Lewis fanboys on the F1 forums. Nobody wins a WDC on luck alone. He is not the first driver to win a WDC on consistent point finishes. You want luck? Try Lewis in 2008. He out qualified Lewis 8 times this year and won 9 races, that's head to head. IMO, Lewis left about 25 points on the table with poor starts (not convinced they were all on Merc) and over aggressive driving mid season.

I'm not even a Rosberg fan. Just can't let uneducated comments like that go. I'll show myself out
Don't let the pisser hit u in the *** as the door closes..u are obviously clueless

The facts speak for themselves

And a fanboy I am definitely not
Old 12-02-2016, 10:27 PM
Cloudspin
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^
Old 12-02-2016, 10:32 PM
Leica 993
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
All the good drivers have iron clad contracts. So don't expect Verstappen, Ricciardo, Vettel, or Alonso in the car next year.
And the best drivers (Alonso, Vettel) have also have out clauses in their contracts. Max is locked up at RB for a while. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:34 PM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Received 454 Likes on 212 Posts

He basically said that his whole goal in life was to win the F1 title (guess to be as good as his dad) and now that he's done that he's up to something else. And that makes sense if you are German (I actually am German so I know what I'm talking about). Lewis drives because he has fun, Nico - as the true German - did it because it was something that had to be done, and now that he's done it what's the point...

Quick Reply: OT: Nico Rosberg quits