Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Wreck at Sears involving a porsche (sorry - old picture)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 05:09 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Bad Wreck at Sears involving a porsche (sorry - old picture)

Removed.. Happened to long ago to be news worthy. Sorry about that. Old story plastered on my Facebook with a discussion. thought it happened this past weekend.

Last edited by mark kibort; 10-26-2016 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:10 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,412 Likes on 754 Posts

Wow. Glad driver is ok.
Ugly.

That will not buff out.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:44 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks worse because they cut the front down tubes and nodes on the main hoop. But still that looks like it was a bad hit.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:58 PM
959fan
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was probably that tool bag GhettoRicer that did it...
Old 10-26-2016, 06:08 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 803 Likes on 492 Posts

Sorry but it's Totally Inappropriate to post a picture like that.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:43 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Sorry but it's Totally Inappropriate to post a picture like that.
Really? and why is that? crashing is a part of racing. this is a racing discussion forum, correct? I think it is good to see what has happened to others and ways we all can learn, and avoid those situations, as well as the consequences. (my opinion) But if you are the" List police" ill remove it. Or PM me to explain to me as why you feel this way.
So, tell me, it's ok to post crash videos that i see all over the list?
Old 10-26-2016, 06:45 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Wow. Glad driver is ok.
Ugly.

That will not buff out.
No it wont....... Yes, i hear the driver was very lucky in this one. Interesting he is pointed the wrong way.. ...maybe he lost it on the turn 7-8 area and ended up hitting the firetruck on the dragstrip. either way... very sad. looked like a nice racer
Old 10-26-2016, 06:56 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

That picture is several years old. Happened at a poc/prc event. Roof was cut off to extract driver. I wasn't there so I'll refrain from posting what I remember hearing about it. I don't believe the driver "was okay" though and I'm sure the damage to the car was not his top priority after the crash..
Old 10-26-2016, 06:56 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 759 Likes on 383 Posts

That looks too much like my car....gives me the heebie jeebies!
Old 10-26-2016, 07:04 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by winders
That looks too much like my car....gives me the heebie jeebies!
I was scared too, thats what i first thought, but im glad we went over your aero a few times, so i KNEW it wasnt you! wheew!!

Originally Posted by Cory M
That picture is several years old. Happened at a poc/prc event. Roof was cut off to extract driver. I wasn't there so I'll refrain from posting what I remember hearing about it. I don't believe the driver "was okay" though and I'm sure the damage to the car was not his top priority after the crash..
yes, i just got an email back from the "author" looks like it was an old pick. (throw-back-wednesday?) anyway, the driver apparently was going flat out, after the checker and lost it and ran into the fire truck. they assisted him immediately and then he either sued or threatened to sue the track, rescue team, NASA ..... unreal. .... I guess they didnt like the cabriolet they installed on the scene.. I thinnk the story was that he was less than grateful for the folks that cut him out and helecoptered him to a hospital.
Sorry to post folks.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:17 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Stupidest post of the week, and it's only Wednesday, so we'll see what else Kibort comes up with next. Inappropriate, as Frank 993 pointed out, and then when mentioned by Cory that it's several years old, Kibort has an epiphany within 2 hours and 5 minutes (from 3:09 PD to 5:04 PM) and says, "oh now I have the whole story". Classic.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:09 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LexVan
Stupidest post of the week, and it's only Wednesday, so we'll see what else Kibort comes up with next. Inappropriate, as Frank 993 pointed out, and then when mentioned by Cory that it's several years old, Kibort has an epiphany within 2 hours and 5 minutes (from 3:09 PD to 5:04 PM) and says, "oh now I have the whole story". Classic.
Hey tough guy.. look, it was pasted all over my face book.. thought it happened this weekend up there. and yes, when i was diggign to see if there was more on it, because i thought for a second . "that could be winders " being yellow ..... turns out i had to ask the question and it came back as old news. i went to post and cory already had posted! and yes, i do have the entire story... but ill save you the details ranging from the attitude of the driver, his wife, the legal threats, all sorts of things... all coming from the guys on the scene....... but thanks for research and time-line. very useful.... and telling by the way!
so do you have to be such a complete jerk about it? Seriously. how about i remove the picture.. would that make you happy?

Last edited by mark kibort; 10-26-2016 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:14 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It was more than just a few years ago, maybe 6 or 7. I'd like to read that report Mark as I was there and no way was the driver in any condition to issue threats to anyone . He was severally insured and I don't think he's OK even now.

As for the incident, I don't remember it being after the checkered though I think he blew thru a waving yellow. It was a long time ago but I think it was a practice session and the wrecker had pulled out to do a hot tow on the backside just over the hill where it drops offs. The driver never saw the fire truck until he plowed into it. Tragic, a sweet man and the last time I saw him he was not OK....
Old 10-27-2016, 12:53 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Default The horror, the horror....

Good God I had forgotten all about that "incident", Infineon as I recall. As John writes, he was seriously injured and went to the hospital on this incident....damn fine fellow...I saw him about a year ago...he seems fine now.

At the time there was a lot of speculation as to why that fire truck/ or wrecker was on the track at that point in time.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:13 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
Good God I had forgotten all about that "incident", Infineon as I recall. As John writes, he was seriously injured and went to the hospital on this incident....damn fine fellow...I saw him about a year ago...he seems fine now.

At the time there was a lot of speculation as to why that fire truck/ or wrecker was on the track at that point in time.
Which is why the POC does not hot tow but at Infineon they did without any input from the us. We didn't even get to notify the drivers in the morning meeting. That won't happen again as long as I'm at the helm...

Quick Reply: Bad Wreck at Sears involving a porsche (sorry - old picture)