Sponsored by:

Clubregistration Hacked?

Old 08-14-2018, 06:08 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
Got the new password but that doesn't work. Oh, well.
Do you by any chance have two accounts that both use the same email address? When I changed mine, it didn’t work at first. Then I realized that I had an account I used to sign up my daughter for a few DE’s years ago, and I had changed the password for that account but not the one I use.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:15 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,218 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Huge companies as well as the government have issues keeping hackers at bay and some here want to string up a small business owner for the same thing? Sure, it could have been handled a little better but I can tell you that as a small business owner I have had to spend tons of money to protect my business from hackers. I have insurance specifically related to computer crimes, special routers, procedures, phone verification, one time codes, etc., all to try to stop hackers. I still worry every day!

Do you think someone will come out with a different registration website which will be hacker proof when even the government can't stop hackers?

Change your password and move on.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:39 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Old password didn't work. Clicked on forgot password, got email, changed password, moved on. Shrug.

-Mike
Old 08-16-2018, 11:32 AM
C4S/GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts

In comparison to the Equifax hack last Sept which exposed 145 mil SSN, DOB, Names & Addresses what happened to Chris's site wasn't even a drop in the bucket. Don't want to be hacked don't use the internet, nothing is full proof.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:17 PM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Huge companies as well as the government have issues keeping hackers at bay and some here want to string up a small business owner for the same thing? Sure, it could have been handled a little better but I can tell you that as a small business owner I have had to spend tons of money to protect my business from hackers. I have insurance specifically related to computer crimes, special routers, procedures, phone verification, one time codes, etc., all to try to stop hackers. I still worry every day!

Do you think someone will come out with a different registration website which will be hacker proof when even the government can't stop hackers?

Change your password and move on.
What he said times 3.

ApexPerformance.net
Premier Racing Outfitters

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: chamerly@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist-10 on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

PCA Club Racing - National Sponsor

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clubregistration Hacked?