Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   My First Weekend in White Group at Mosport (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/959009-my-first-weekend-in-white-group-at-mosport.html)

Wild Weasel 10-20-2016 09:44 AM

My First Weekend in White Group at Mosport

I've noticed there's a few UCR instructors that post here so I figured I'd toss up this video to see if anyone feels like offering up any advice.

This was the third session last Saturday. I was moved up to White group back in August but only did the very last session solo. I missed September so this past weekend was my first all by myself.

I think in the Spring when we're back at it I'll request an instructor for a few sessions just to ensure I'm not solidifying any terrible habits.

I did well though. The instructor who signed me off told me not to crash. I didn't crash. :D

Gofishracing 10-20-2016 10:07 AM

no attachment

jlanka 10-20-2016 10:14 AM

Loved the upshift on the RS. What kind of car are you driving? Video looked nice, gotta get some data

Jeff

Wild Weasel 10-20-2016 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Gofishracing (Post 13688104)
no attachment

Huh? The video should be embedded. Shows up for me... and obviously Jeff. Do you normally see videos when they're included in a post?

Originally Posted by jlanka (Post 13688114)
Loved the upshift on the RS. What kind of car are you driving? Video looked nice, gotta get some data

Jeff

Yeah... for anyone that doesn't want to sit through 28 minutes of me going around in circles, skip to the 22 minute mark to see a GT3 RS with muffler delete go by me. Make sure you have the sound on. :D Also... pay no attention to me nearly driving off the right side of the track as I'm mesmerized by the RS and not paying enough attention to where I'm going. :D

Jeff, I'm driving a 15 Boxster GTS.

jlanka 10-20-2016 10:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel (Post 13688134)
Jeff, I'm driving a 15 Boxster GTS.

Boxster!!! Cool stuff. I'm running a 99 Spec Boxster in DEs these days. Love it. I'm just starting in Blue which is the first solo run group.

Here she is:

Wild Weasel 10-20-2016 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by jlanka (Post 13688146)
Boxster!!! Cool stuff. I'm running a 99 Spec Boxster in DEs these days. Love it. I'm just starting in Blue which is the first solo run group.

Nice!! I absolutely love my car. She's been flawless and done everything I've asked of her and more. :)

Incidentally, our White group is also our first solo run group. We don't have a Blue group.

certz 10-20-2016 10:45 AM

Looks pretty tidy, but would like to see your hands to see steering input, in particular, unwinding of the wheel as you track out.

Wild Weasel 10-20-2016 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by certz (Post 13688183)
Looks pretty tidy, but would like to see your hands to see steering input, in particular, unwinding of the wheel as you track out.

I've only got the dash cam for video. I haven't got a way to mount something behind me where you could see my hands. Maybe I'll look into something like that in the future.

ExMB 10-20-2016 03:19 PM

For ref: listing a color group doesn't really say anything because too many regions use different colors, systems, etc. It would help if you explain the relationship of group placement up front.

Hint.
In a lot of regions (that I participate in) white is the highest advanced solo group right below the instructor group.

Wild Weasel 10-20-2016 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by ExMB (Post 13688964)
For ref: listing a color group doesn't really say anything because too many regions use different colors, systems, etc. It would help if you explain the relationship of group placement up front.

Hint.
In a lot of regions (that I participate in) white is the highest advanced solo group right below the instructor group.

Ah! Good to know!

So for reference, this is the least advanced solo group in our system. :)

ExMB 10-20-2016 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel (Post 13688981)
Ah! Good to know!

So for reference, this is the least advanced solo group in our system. :)

AFAIK PCA at one time tried to standardize run group identification. Rumor has it that regions weren't opposed to the idea as long as their system was the one adopted for all. :crying:

Wild Weasel 10-20-2016 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by ExMB (Post 13688986)
AFAIK PCA at one time tried to standardize run group identification. Rumor has it that regions weren't opposed to the idea as long as their system was the one adopted for all. :crying:

:roflmao: Sounds about right.

Paseb 10-20-2016 05:10 PM

looks like you had fun too. i was there too in the red group. Also driving in black run group.

My colleague was in my race boxster in the white run group.

inboard camera with data gives some good information. You should put that on your christmas gift list.

here's couple of lap before my car started overheating, i had a few issues on saturday.

jdistefa 10-20-2016 05:59 PM

Attaboy Seb. You are so close to becoming a man in T4 ;)

To the OP, per John's comment, for the purposes of feedback - without data - it's borderline useless to have a dash cam. Get something that shows your hands.

Sir5n 10-20-2016 06:22 PM

Great vid Seb! ...And the OP as well of course!
Hope we meet next year at the GP track at some point.
Thanks for posting