Sponsored by:

Harness tightness

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 10:07 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Harness tightness

After reading the Summit Point thread about making sure you have all the available safety equipment and making the harnesses as tight as possible I have a question about that.

I always try to tighten the shoulder straps a few times even on the way out. But when wearing the HANS when I really pull hard on them it seems like I'm just pulling straight down on the HANS/shoulder area but not getting the frontwards travel limited any more.

Should I just keep pulling and ignore the downward pressure on the HANS? Or am I maybe doing something wrong?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Jeff
Old 09-27-2016, 10:12 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,411 Likes on 753 Posts

Here's a technique that might help you: after you pull them down as tight as they can go, lean your head and shoulders fully back in the seat so your helmet touched the seat. It will reveal some slack in the harnesses over the HANS. Then tighten again, and you should be good to go...
Old 09-27-2016, 10:25 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Here's a technique that might help you: after you pull them down as tight as they can go, lean your head and shoulders fully back in the seat so your helmet touched the seat. It will reveal some slack in the harnesses over the HANS. Then tighten again, and you should be good to go...
Excellent, just what I was looking for. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Harness tightness