Sponsored by:

Had a fantastic 3 day DE at WGI with Metro PCA

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 10:42 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
Jeff - It was nice to work with you this weekend. You're doing all of the important stuff correctly and as we discussed, from here on out it's just getting laps to get comfortable and the speed will come. All of the advice above will come naturally as you get that comfort level in the car and begin really pushing. The most important thing was you know every time you set the car even a little bit incorrectly. You pick up on those things right away and correct them on the very next lap.

While I agree 4th is ultimately the right gear for T11, right now with where you are in the learning curve I think 3rd is still faster for now as the car was pretty sluggish up the front straight going through there in 4th. I'm sure my big behind in the passenger seat didn't help that any.

I never got a chance to thank you for buying me breakfast on Sunday morning...you are a true gentleman and I really appreciate it.

Hope to see you out there again soon.

-Andy
Andy, you're welcome and thanks a lot for sitting with me on Friday/Sat morning. I'm saving the blue wristband you gave me as a momento on my way up the chain. Hope to see you at Mid Ohio someday.

Jeff
Old 08-30-2016, 10:45 AM
mmuller
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by jlanka
[b]
Thanks Matt, I've been trying. I think back to that DE and figure you must have been chuckling at how slow I was.

I don't do so well in the right seat, but I'll try it out. Probably not cut out to be an instructor.
Jeff, I never chuckle about a students driving. Making sure you have fun and learn (and stay safe) are the only things I focus on when I riding right seat. I was a beginner once to, so I realize we are all on the learning curve somewhere and as fast as might may or may not be able to go, there are those who would chuckle at my driving because they are further up the curve than I. Just glad to see your still chipping away at it and making progress.

Happy to do whatever whenever we connect. I have yet to make anyone sick riding right seat with me including some who swore they would be.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:10 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Originally Posted by mmuller
Jeff, I never chuckle about a students driving. Making sure you have fun and learn (and stay safe) are the only things I focus on when I riding right seat. I was a beginner once to, so I realize we are all on the learning curve somewhere and as fast as might may or may not be able to go, there are those who would chuckle at my driving because they are further up the curve than I. Just glad to see your still chipping away at it and making progress.

Happy to do whatever whenever we connect. I have yet to make anyone sick riding right seat with me including some who swore they would be.
Thats great - I'll ride with you then.

I also need to pick your brain about your sim setup. I'm looking to get into one and want to get something that I won't be disappointed in.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:42 AM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 148 Posts

Very nice event indeed. I mentored a couple instructor candidates on Friday and Saturday, and that was a pleasant and rewarding change of pace to the usual right seat instructing.
The concensus was that the red run group was particularly well driven--fast and fun with lots of dicing between the high and low hp cars. A fine time was had by all.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:52 PM
Bill Lehman
Three Wheelin'

Received 227 Likes on 134 Posts

Here's an example of the Red Group.

This was typical for most drivers/

Last edited by Bill Lehman; 09-02-2016 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:01 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Very nice! Thanks for posting Bill.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:46 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Lehman
Here's an example of the Red Group.

This was typical for most drivers/
I agree that red did play nice but there was still a good amount of traffic none the less.

Black had better pace and less traffic but the extended passing wasn't as well executed in that group.

Quick Reply: Had a fantastic 3 day DE at WGI with Metro PCA