Laguna Seca Club Race Videos

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 03:35 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Laguna Seca Club Race Videos

I had great time, with really good races until I ruined my weekend with a missed shift.

You'll see very little of Paul in these - he's a blue streak that quickly vanishes into the distance. JR had his difficulties but we had some fun together. Kibort was interesting to race with. I won't comment on the HP vs weight or torque or any of that. He raced well and I had fun.

PCA Club Race #2 was a hoot with me starting behind Maurice Smith (#334, GT4) and having to work damn hard to get past him. We had great fun. Thanks Maurice.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:38 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default The Turtle vs Kibort

Mark and I had fun until I ended it 1 lap early. That means he won this round but it was fun.

Fun bits at :
Lap 7, Turn 9 - Be Careful!
Lap 14, Turn 2 - Finally!
Lap 19, Turn 11 - Not so much fun.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:41 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Video comes from a partial installed Race-Keeper system that I'm learning. One thing I hope to learn soon is how to eliminate the ultra-annoying logo crap in the middle of the video. I also hope to have the MoTeC hooked in before Road America to add more data.

Once I know what I'm doing with it, I'll post impressions. It's not fair to say too much about a partial install.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:12 AM
winders
Race Car

Received 744 Likes on 381 Posts

Tom,

I would suggest that you flip the video of rear view so it mimics a rear view mirror. It makes the video look more natural to our brains.

I am looking forward to hearing about your experiences with the Race Keeper setup once you have the MoTec data integrated and you have some time with it all setup.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:06 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom W
Mark and I had fun until I ended it 1 lap early. That means he won this round but it was fun.

Fun bits at :
Lap 7, Turn 9 - Be Careful!
Lap 14, Turn 2 - Finally!
Lap 19, Turn 11 - Not so much fun.

https://youtu.be/fOpMgpoeiK4
Thanks for posting Tom!! good stuff, until the end.. hey, you won that race for sure... and ill take race 1. ...... I think you are still ahead in our series since our run back in '02 or something where you beat me then too!

That was a great time....

did you notice the Rancharo (ford nascar truck type racer) at turn 3 lap 3?
i think we might have touched valve stems.... (4:20 on video)

10:05... you got Mitch in the TA2 transam mustang getting run off the exit of the corkscrew by a lapped car.

Mark

PS i do have some GREAT rear cam video from both races too ill have figure out how to get it Mpeg'ed. editor is broke on my pc.

Last edited by mark kibort; 07-26-2016 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:31 PM
loxner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kudos to GGR PCA for a great weekend! Laguna Seca is such a fun track.

Here is the in-car from my SPB lap record in Saturday qualifying:

Old 07-27-2016, 12:49 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by loxner
Kudos to GGR PCA for a great weekend! Laguna Seca is such a fun track.

Here is the in-car from my SPB lap record in Saturday qualifying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4-IrlAgqPQ
nice lap!!! the only comment i could make is that you probably could have dropped that time by .5 second with a downshift going into turn 6, as the exit is much steeper than it appears AND , alll that time at a 50hp deficit, is worth a lot f time. other than that, great lap, and congrats.

by the way, what is the spec boxster weight and HP for you? 1:42 is clicking right along!
Old 07-27-2016, 12:53 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Great lap Luke. Very balanced driving....
Old 07-27-2016, 01:29 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Nice videos everyone! Looked like a really fun weekend.

-mike
Old 07-27-2016, 04:00 PM
SoClose
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Great videos-I wasn't an early fan of the track, but it is growing on me after my 2nd weekend there.
Here's my best qualifying lap for the PCA race. Although we all kept it under control on the out lap, still encountered cars entering the track on our 1st hot lap. This was my 4th lap- my guy radioed to keep my foot in it and I would likely have an open lap. The car isn't quite as tight as I ran it Back East, but tighter than I've run it since moving it Out West. I've found that the setup allowed for too much understeer, so we've been slowly dialing that out.

https://vimeo.com/176494384
Old 07-27-2016, 04:52 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SoClose
Great videos-I wasn't an early fan of the track, but it is growing on me after my 2nd weekend there.
Here's my best qualifying lap for the PCA race. Although we all kept it under control on the out lap, still encountered cars entering the track on our 1st hot lap. This was my 4th lap- my guy radioed to keep my foot i
n it and I would likely have an open lap. The car isn't quite as tight as I ran it Back East, but tighter than I've run it since moving it Out West. I've found that the setup allowed for too much understeer, so we've been slowly dialing that out.

https://vimeo.com/176494384
Nice video Paul! looks like you got the lines down, but that car is a little bit of a handful. Nice lap. Love the friendly wave at first with the boxster!
If i can find a second or two in my car, maybe we can have a few laps to run against each other next time.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:16 PM
SoClose
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Mark-
Sear's next year!
I think we all want a car that we can put it where/when we want it, but with old technology gotta give it up somewhere-this thing works best with higher slip angles, at least in my hands.
To be fair to both drivers, the gesture to the Boxter was directed (mostly) to me. I'm the overtaking driver, he/she should drive their line- it is my responsibility to get by clean. I'll say that the goal is to minimize exposure time while passing, and a pointby should be priceless for both drivers.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:35 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SoClose
Thanks Mark-
Sear's next year!
I think we all want a car that we can put it where/when we want it, but with old technology gotta give it up somewhere-this thing works best with higher slip angles, at least in my hands.
To be fair to both drivers, the gesture to the Boxter was directed (mostly) to me. I'm the overtaking driver, he/she should drive their line- it is my responsibility to get by clean. I'll say that the goal is to minimize exposure time while passing, and a pointby should be priceless for both drivers.
I agree and we had a few of those "moments" in our group ... i give the new driver a lot of slack (new and new to the track) but the season'ed ones, i wave just like that too!
Old 07-28-2016, 11:18 AM
loxner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
nice lap!!! the only comment i could make is that you probably could have dropped that time by .5 second with a downshift going into turn 6, as the exit is much steeper than it appears AND , alll that time at a 50hp deficit, is worth a lot f time. other than that, great lap, and congrats.

by the way, what is the spec boxster weight and HP for you? 1:42 is clicking right along!
Thanks Mark, SPB min weight is 2650lb with driver, and HP is around 190-195 to the wheels.

I played around with using 4th and 3rd through T6 and ultimately liked 3rd better. I was using 4th as a crutch to force me to carry more speed earlier in the weekend, but from the first race on, I was using 3rd through that corner.

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Great lap Luke. Very balanced driving....
Thanks!
Old 07-28-2016, 11:39 AM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Mr Tommy Turtle you certainly have come a long way from that guy that would bring his 964 street car into my shop (and right before I left CA with a hole in the side of the block). Good for you.

Quick Reply: Laguna Seca Club Race Videos