Sponsored by:

Laguna Seca Club Race Videos

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 02:11 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob: Ha! It's a very different car and driver 10 or so years later. I still have pictures of your butt hanging out from under the car as we changed the suspension. But don't remind me how I swore to my wife that the car would remain stock and I'd never go down the slippery slope. And I would never spend more than $30k a year on the car and racing for a season.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:08 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by loxner
Thanks Mark, SPB min weight is 2650lb with driver, and HP is around 190-195 to the wheels.

I played around with using 4th and 3rd through T6 and ultimately liked 3rd better. I was using 4th as a crutch to force me to carry more speed earlier in the weekend, but from the first race on, I was using 3rd through that corner.

Thanks!
thats really fast ! nice work! if you remember, the very fastest of the world challenge GT racers of the day back in 2001-2, on street tires could barely break 1:40. much of the GT pack was in the 1:41-2s. sounds like you had some good strategy to learn the key turn 6. ive been driving it for 20 years and only get it perfect a few times a race! its a tough one! when you nail it, you know it and it sure feels good!
Old 07-28-2016, 03:12 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom W
Bob: Ha! It's a very different car and driver 10 or so years later. I still have pictures of your butt hanging out from under the car as we changed the suspension. But don't remind me how I swore to my wife that the car would remain stock and I'd never go down the slippery slope. And I would never spend more than $30k a year on the car and racing for a season.
a couple of the pictures from my video thread
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Laguna Seca Club Race Videos