Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laguna Seca Club Race

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 05:34 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Where is the PCA race list for the event?
Old 07-20-2016, 07:16 PM
entityx
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was emailed
Attached Images  
Old 07-20-2016, 07:24 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

i was looking for the driver list. but thanks for the schedule
Old 07-20-2016, 11:06 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paul: Yes. I plan to arrive about 5 so I can beat some of the traffic on the tow down. RothSport doing your support again? I'll be with the JWE crew.

Mark: No. I'm giving myself a grand birthday present and running both Group 1 and Group 3.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:49 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom W
I need to take lessons from John and become even more optimistic that I already am (and my wife thinks I'm too optimistic).

I'm in. Just went from wait list to participant. I'm thrilled and consider it my birthday present from PCA.
Fabuloso Tomas and Happy Birthday.....
Old 07-21-2016, 12:55 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
i was looking for the driver list. but thanks for the schedule
https://clubregistration.net/events/roster.cfm
Old 07-21-2016, 12:56 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tom W
Paul: Yes. I plan to arrive about 5 so I can beat some of the traffic on the tow down. RothSport doing your support again? I'll be with the JWE crew.

Mark: No. I'm giving myself a grand birthday present and running both Group 1 and Group 3.
that a boy! sounds like a great b-day weekend!
see you there. ill swing by the JWE corral and say hi!
Old 07-21-2016, 12:57 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
thanks!
wow!! 62 cars!!!!! looks like GT3 and GT4 willl have a lot of fun, but look at all the spec boxsters!!! wow
since this is PCA GT3, i think if i ran, i would be GT2 , where there are no cars. interesting. thats the displacement classing for you!

Looks like Group 3 will the race! Tom and Paul,, watch out for those bmws... they are pretty quick. there are many of the top race car builders in california here with their supported cars... mullerized, TC design, precision autowerks, driving ambition...etc etc. These are all GT3 type performance cars and i think in ITE, there is about 18 entrants.

Last edited by mark kibort; 07-21-2016 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:50 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

What a great weekend so far... met Paul and talked for a while (great guy, fellow trackster -track and field) and saw Tom after many years in the turtle. cars are running strong and everyone is behaving themselves. only a few incidents , one bad one with a car catching fire because of a car problem.
Had some great laps with Tom too in the 1st race... should be a good one today as well.
Lot's of great racing... ill post some video later
Old 07-25-2016, 06:43 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

From race monitor times seeemed a bit off, was it just too much trafiic?
Old 07-25-2016, 08:07 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mobonic
tom and I were in a little bunch of cars all about the same speed for many laps. pushing hard, i couldnt muster up my best time by a second... i think the track was a little slick, but it was the same for all.

traffic was fine..... we had a great few start laps... then we had the really, only race going with the BMWs , the C6 vet and a couple of cup cars
Old 07-25-2016, 08:13 PM
SoClose
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Not certain about how fast the track was-I have limited experience there, but I was faster than Rennsport in September. However, the traffic was a very big issue, with only one race group for PCA. In the races, I think we were lapping traffic by the 3rd lap. Some were very aware and routinely gave point-bys, which is extremely helpful and safer with such large speed differentials. Others were less aware...
Was good to hang a little bit with Tom and meet more West Coat racers (and RL'ers), including John and Mark, with whom I enjoyed a few longer conversations.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:15 PM
SoClose
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I should clarify- I did the Saturday SCCA race, and traffic was not an issue.
It was an issue in the PCA races.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:34 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SoClose
Not certain about how fast the track was-I have limited experience there, but I was faster than Rennsport in September. However, the traffic was a very big issue, with only one race group for PCA. In the races, I think we were lapping traffic by the 3rd lap. Some were very aware and routinely gave point-bys, which is extremely helpful and safer with such large speed differentials. Others were less aware...
Was good to hang a little bit with Tom and meet more West Coat racers (and RL'ers), including John and Mark, with whom I enjoyed a few longer conversations.
Paul, it was great meeting and talking with you as well! next time more food and drink to go with it!
Sundays race was even lighter than when you raced with us on saturday. i think we were missing about 7 cars, sunday but we still started lapping cars at lap 3, and traffic was very light with good point bys as well. Tom and i had a great race, my diff started to give way and tires were going off , so i thought i would just hang behind him for second half of the race, but he was clearly sticking better. then, he had a major problem that sidelined him on the final lap. Great to talk with him after as well as a quick hello with JR.
I think we should all pit together next time!!

I got some great video from what ive seen so far! Dont have any of you Paul... too fast, but i have the others in the gang!
Mark
Old 07-25-2016, 09:40 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought traffic was an issue in the PCA group but not as much in the SCCA group. For PCA my qualifying time was abysmal (1:41) and came shortly after I ran 1:38 with the SCCA group. However, it was fun doing the work to overcome the position I qualified in during the races.

Overall I thought the track was only a little slower than normal (I've run LS ~5 times). My all-time best is a 1:35 and this weekend my best was a 1:36.9 (IIRC).

I had some great races until I missed a shift and ended my weekend 1 lap early for the SCCA race and then missed the 3rd PCA race. I used a new camera system and hope to post some video soon. I did finally beat Mark in SCCA race #2 (at least until I broke) and the video is pretty good.

Paul was too darn fast for me to keep up to in my little putt-putt.

Quick Reply: Laguna Seca Club Race