Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Injury Wreck In PWC Practice @ Lime Rock Today....

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 01:44 AM
Rene
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was sadded to hear of this I know Jorge he & I ran an Endro a few years back at TWS. I reached out to Jorge on his cell phone & no answer not surprised.

One of the crew members on another team passed this along, he was basically t-boned by one of the Bentleys. They said he's in stable condition, broken ribs broken shoulder bruised heart punctured lung.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:54 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rene
I was sadded to hear of this I know Jorge he & I ran an Endro a few years back at TWS. I reached out to Jorge on his cell phone & no answer not surprised.

One of the crew members on another team passed this along, he was basically t-boned by one of the Bentleys. They said he's in stable condition, broken ribs broken shoulder bruised heart punctured lung.
that must have been a hell of an impact to t-bone someone hard enough to launch over a fence and into the woods. any indication of what happened? oil/fluids on the track? or two separate incidents for two cars in the same spot?

thanks for the update on Jorge. I wish him and Andrew a quick and complete recovery.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:04 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,670 Posts

More the latter, GI. Two separate incidents, unfortunately at the same point on track. Suffice it to say, the trajectories and resting places that the cars took and ended up were not as dramatic as reports have indicated. Still, enough for the injuries to be severe. Prayers for both...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 06-03-2016, 08:41 AM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
More the latter, GI. Two separate incidents, unfortunately at the same point on track. Suffice it to say, the trajectories and resting places that the cars took and ended up were not as dramatic as reports have indicated. Still, enough for the injuries to be severe. Prayers for both...
thanks Peter
Old 06-04-2016, 10:06 AM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Finally, a little good news. Let's keep our fingers crossed for Andrew.

http://sportscar365.com/gt/world-cha...for-fractures/

Jorge De La Torre has underwent surgery to repair several fractures following his severe accident with Andrew Palmer in last weekend’s Pirelli World Challenge event at Lime Rock Park.

The 25-year-old Mexican driver was airlifted to Hartford Hospital following the two-car accident, and initially reported to have had multiple fractures.

Below is a statement from Aston Martin Racing:

“Jorge sustained several fractures which were repaired in surgery on Tuesday at Hartford Hospital.

“He currently remains in hospital where he has demonstrated strength and good spirits this week. Jorge plans to begin rehabilitation as soon as he is released.

“The medical team at Hartford Hospital are monitoring Jorge’s progress and will determine when his release will be granted.

“Jorge and Aston Martin Racing want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers throughout this trying situation. Our thoughts remain with Jorge, Andrew and the Bentley team.”

Further details on Palmer’s condition has not been released, other than he remains in hospital with a head injury.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:19 PM
Speeds5
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 87 Posts

Sounds like Palmers condition is worse with the head injury. Hope they both make a full and speedy recovery.
Old 07-02-2016, 11:41 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Has there been any new news on Palmer. I can't seem to find anything
Old 07-02-2016, 12:02 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
Has there been any new news on Palmer. I can't seem to find anything
I have heard from fellow racers who are mutual friends that he remains in a coma. That is purely second hand info however.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:47 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
I have heard from fellow racers who are mutual friends that he remains in a coma. That is purely second hand info however.
I did not hear coma, but I heard it's not good.

Here is the latest official update http://world-challenge.com/latest/se...andrew-palmer/
Old 07-02-2016, 04:22 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 76 Posts

Damn

Quick Reply: Injury Wreck In PWC Practice @ Lime Rock Today....