Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rum Bummer

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 08:33 PM
Gator996
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The only thing worth watching anymore is an HPDE.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:20 PM
PLNewman
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 67 Posts

Well, yeah, and your avatar. Go Gators.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:23 PM
Gator996
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Go Gators!
Old 04-28-2016, 11:31 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stuttgart46
It seems like it all started to turn for the worst when it went from Koni Challenge to Continental Challenge. Similar timing to NASCAR taking ownership if I'm not mistaken.
Big time bummer...used to seeing these guys for years now.

And you would think when NASCAR entered the scene it would get better..they are marketing geniuses. Instead....

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 04-28-2016, 11:44 AM
drbooba1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Rum Bum racing cars are all built in house under the guidence of Joe Varde

Regards
Old 04-28-2016, 02:56 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by drbooba1
The Rum Bum racing cars are all built in house under the guidence of Joe Varde

Regards
Actually BGB built them. BGB and Rum Bum have a long relationship, even when they were competing against each other. Varde's personal Cayman is looked after by BGB.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:12 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 591 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
Actually BGB built them. BGB and Rum Bum have a long relationship, even when they were competing against each other. Varde's personal Cayman is looked after by BGB.
we used to collaborate on a bunch of stuff but we can't take credit for anything that crew did other than maybe the rules package for the 997.2 that led to a few championships in GS! Rick D. built their first chassis before selling it but they then developed the car and after a season, built their own and went to the Bosch ECU full-time after 2014 mid-season. I can't take any credit for anything other than maybe eating their Starbursts, Twizzlers and harassing their awesome hopspitality personnel. I helped with a little collaboration on the Cayman when the 3.8 X51 went in and I tuned it and sold them parts at my cost but it's more of a mentoring thing where Joe would bless me with his wisdom and I would tell him what setup to start on; they then took it and ran and run they did! It was awesome and it's a shame to see yet another pillar leave what I used to praise as being the best street stock series in North America!
Old 04-28-2016, 03:35 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
And you would think when NASCAR entered the scene it would get better...
Not for a second did I think it would get better. They are great at putting on a show and making money but as far as fostering the actual racing? Not so much.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:37 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
we used to collaborate on a bunch of stuff but we can't take credit for anything that crew did other than maybe the rules package for the 997.2 that led to a few championships in GS! Rick D. built their first chassis before selling it but they then developed the car and after a season, built their own and went to the Bosch ECU full-time after 2014 mid-season. I can't take any credit for anything other than maybe eating their Starbursts, Twizzlers and harassing their awesome hopspitality personnel. I helped with a little collaboration on the Cayman when the 3.8 X51 went in and I tuned it and sold them parts at my cost but it's more of a mentoring thing where Joe would bless me with his wisdom and I would tell him what setup to start on; they then took it and ran and run they did! It was awesome and it's a shame to see yet another pillar leave what I used to praise as being the best street stock series in North America!
My apologies John. I thought you built the replacement.

Quick Reply: Rum Bummer