Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dominion Raceway - Road Course Video?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 12:47 PM
911TTCAB
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dominion Raceway - Road Course Video?

Heading to DR for the PCA Event at the end of the month. Does anybody have any video from the drivers prospective? I see DR's promo video but I am not interested in the drone aerial shots.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:53 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,827 Likes on 1,667 Posts

The topcoat is/was laid this week, so no.

We'll have a track walk Friday evening after their first club day.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 04-22-2016, 12:04 PM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
The topcoat is/was laid this week, so no.

We'll have a track walk Friday evening after their first club day.
Not allowing much cure time are they??
Old 04-22-2016, 12:07 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Um, no. And we have a pretty good idea what happens with that...
Old 04-22-2016, 09:40 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dominion

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Um, no. And we have a pretty good idea what happens with that...
Peter what is your opinion on the track being ready for the FSR event next weekend?
Old 04-22-2016, 10:05 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Have spoken with the organizers and they have been assured by the track the event will go on, as of Tuesday of this week.

I am not sure that everything normally needed (and comparable to other tracks) will be done by then, but I have participated in inaugural events at many tracks (CMP, VIR, NJMP, NCCAR and a number of others) and providing everyone "gives" a little (and leaves some margin so they don't go off), it'll be fine.

I hope that if the track can't provide a reasonable event venue for rental, they communicate this to the Region and the Region is able to inform all the people who have signed up before they travel too far.

The Dominion Drivers Club has their opening event Friday 4/29. If that goes off, pretty sure the DE will go off. If not, maybe not.

Right now I am planning on heading up Friday mid-day to get a few laps with a member, then walk the track when it goes cold with whoever is there.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:44 PM
somdcroc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 911TTCAB
Heading to DR for the PCA Event at the end of the month. Does anybody have any video from the drivers prospective? I see DR's promo video but I am not interested in the drone aerial shots.
Folks, I have a meeting with the track tomorrow and we have given them this deadline to state their last and final decision for us as to whether our FSR event is going to happen or not. Our last meeting with them resulted in them stating they had confidence it would happen but they had three large issues they had to overcome. The paving, the walls and tire barriers, and the staffing. Tomorrow they will answer if these are ready.

The Dominion Drivers Club is supposed to have their event and I have been in contact with the club's manager and he hasn't heard they won't have their event in Friday so that's a positive sign.

If we get the go-ahead we are holding a DE team meeting on Sunday and I'll send out an email advanced notice of billing etc to our attendees, Peter, the photo service, volunteers, etc,.

If (If) it is canceled I will obviously send out the cancellation notice ASAP.

One thing to remember is that this is a new track with an inexperienced management team that is also conducting an oval track racing event on Saturday night. It's been a very frustrating experience for me but then I'm known to be an impatient person used to good communication and well defined processes so it's my nature to be frustrated.

Don't expect niceties during this first event . The big building is far from completed and we may have contracted food concessions, etc. The Paddock is huge, if it is completely paved but it doesn't have power (yet) or a fixed PA system ( they will have a temp system)

I believe we will have a very good time but I hope nobody is expecting to set any records as everyone--Peter included, is learning this new track together. I have to thank Peter for joining us as we know he will be setting the standard for everyone.

I am not aware of any good video from a car. Our DE Chair and CTI put cameras in the track GM's car and took a slow ride around the track but there were obstacles on the track and walls were being moved . The track has resisted letting folks on the track ( except for track walks).

Scott Hoffman
PCA FSR DE registrar
De@fsrpca.org
Old 04-23-2016, 09:43 AM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Default Thanks Scott

Originally Posted by somdcroc
Folks, I have a meeting with the track tomorrow and we have given them this deadline to state their last and final decision for us as to whether our FSR event is going to happen or not. Our last meeting with them resulted in them stating they had confidence it would happen but they had three large issues they had to overcome. The paving, the walls and tire barriers, and the staffing. Tomorrow they will answer if these are ready.

The Dominion Drivers Club is supposed to have their event and I have been in contact with the club's manager and he hasn't heard they won't have their event in Friday so that's a positive sign.

If we get the go-ahead we are holding a DE team meeting on Sunday and I'll send out an email advanced notice of billing etc to our attendees, Peter, the photo service, volunteers, etc,.

If (If) it is canceled I will obviously send out the cancellation notice ASAP.

One thing to remember is that this is a new track with an inexperienced management team that is also conducting an oval track racing event on Saturday night. It's been a very frustrating experience for me but then I'm known to be an impatient person used to good communication and well defined processes so it's my nature to be frustrated.

Don't expect niceties during this first event . The big building is far from completed and we may have contracted food concessions, etc. The Paddock is huge, if it is completely paved but it doesn't have power (yet) or a fixed PA system ( they will have a temp system)

I believe we will have a very good time but I hope nobody is expecting to set any records as everyone--Peter included, is learning this new track together. I have to thank Peter for joining us as we know he will be setting the standard for everyone.

I am not aware of any good video from a car. Our DE Chair and CTI put cameras in the track GM's car and took a slow ride around the track but there were obstacles on the track and walls were being moved . The track has resisted letting folks on the track ( except for track walks).

Scott Hoffman
PCA FSR DE registrar
De@fsrpca.org
Right I know our FSR DE team is going to check things out this weekend. You guys ( including you, Marco Estrada, Tim Ashbridge, and others) have been doing a great job trying to get our group on this new track. Thanks for all the effort.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:48 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Kudos to the organizing committee, for sure!
Old 04-23-2016, 10:27 PM
911TTCAB
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bummer. Just got the email it was cancelled. Track was not ready. Time to find something else.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:15 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Yep. Damned shame, but if not now, soon.

Well, off to VIR Club Member Days next weekend, then!
Old 04-24-2016, 01:22 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

The email:

Drivers and Instructors:

We regret to announce that the FSR Spring 2016 HPDE At Dominion Raceway, scheduled for 30 April - 1 May 2016 at Dominion Raceway, has been canceled. We met with Dominion Staff today to assess the track readiness. Unfortunately the current construction progress is not conducive for a safe HPDE event next weekend.

We will send follow up e-mails this weekend with more details. The event is not expected to be re-scheduled at this time. Our next event will be on July 9th and 10th, 2016 at Dominion Raceway when we expect the track to be fully ready for HPDE events.

Please direct any questions to DE@fsrpca.org.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this cancelation may have caused you. No charges were assessed for this event.

Regards,

Marco Estrada
FSR DE Chair
Old 05-09-2016, 09:14 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,780 Likes on 2,189 Posts

Old 05-09-2016, 01:30 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Man, they have a little work to do...
Old 05-09-2016, 04:07 PM
noturavgm
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They must have gotten the same bulk sale on k-rails that Summit did when building Shenandoah.

Quick Reply: Dominion Raceway - Road Course Video?