Sponsored by:

Monticello Club race is July 8-10......

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 12:24 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 167 Posts

No, it probably wouldn't keep happening if some of their members didn't want it since they no longer rent the track out like they used to. Thank you members! We get to go race at a first class facility that for many of us is close to home.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:29 AM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

The Monticello race has a truly unique vibe for a PCA race. Very relaxed atmosphere, top-notch facilities, tons of track time, really fun and challenging course. Probably the coolest part is the opportunity for everyone to get together three times each day in the clubhouse for breakfast, lunch, and après-race cocktails. I haven't been to another club race with this much opportunity for interaction between the racers, PCA staff, volunteers, and crew.

And, of course, the hot cocco girls.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:46 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 394 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
No, it probably wouldn't keep happening if some of their members didn't want it since they no longer rent the track out like they used to. Thank you members! We get to go race at a first class facility that for many of us is close to home.
Agreed Scott. I am a member of MMC and have NOTHING to do with their management.

I'm guessing that this is partly due to a fair number of members being PCA racers but also because MMC sees this as an opportunity to showcase their incredible track and facility to potential members. There is also usually a big Radical (NAARA?) race and again this is likely partly due to there being a fair number of Radical racers at MMC.

It's a wonderful place in many ways. I just wished I lived closer!

Quick Reply: Monticello Club race is July 8-10......