Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 09:17 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default UPDATE 2 HELP..Can't get Car back from Race Shop

UPDATE..since this post he has contacted me and I removed the long story in hopes that it will get resolved. I wrote this on a below post:

WOW! The power of RL and friends. Between texts from his customer and this post, he just called. He is meeting me tomorrow right above Jax, FL with both car and trailer. And, he said the bumper was getting painted and would have it to me by the end of the week. He asked me to remove this post, but I don't know if that's possible. I told him I would update it and be fair, which I will. In his defense, he says he is going through a nasty divorce. And, I can relate and feel for the guy. Let's see if he redeems himself. I have no intentions of hurting his business in any way. Maybe he'll come through with flying colors and be a trustworthy business.

THANKS GUYS!!!!

UPDATE 2 - GOT MY CAR!! I met with him yesterday and everything went fine. But after four months, car is far from finished. It is missing the bumper cover, the bumper itself (it was on at Sebring), the driver side window (for transporting), the headlight is still damaged and my trailer lock is missing. Not sure what else. Patrick is picking up to finish the work.

He was very cordial and apologetic. He promised that I will have all parts wthin a week and offered to come to my house and put them on. After thinking about it last night, I told him just to ship them to me and Patrick will finish.

I'll keep you guys updated. I'm hoping and praying he will do the right thing from here on out. He asked me about this post and I told him I will be honest and keep it updated. Again, not trying to hurt his business. He is going through some times right now. But, as a business owner myself, you have to take care of customers in tough times and good times.

UPDATE 3: Still waiting the parts. Not looking good. Promised I would have them and now changes the story again. Supposed to bring them up personally, now this Thursday Well see what happens.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com

Last edited by TraqGear; 04-18-2016 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:23 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

My friends and I would like to help...
Attached Images  
Old 04-10-2016, 09:26 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
My friends and I would like to help...
Ha..don't think I haven't thought about it!
Old 04-10-2016, 10:10 AM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 160 Posts

It's times like this that I wish I hadn't retired from practicing law.

You need a letter that starts "I have been retained to address the issues regarding ...."
Old 04-10-2016, 10:16 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by DTMiller
It's times like this that I wish I hadn't retired from practicing law.

You need a letter that starts "I have been retained to address the issues regarding ...."
I may have to go that route. I'm in Georgia and he is in Florida, so it will probably be expensive. I just wished he would just give my stuff back, fixed or not. I'll get it finished elsewhere. I've been talking with another fellow RLer on FB. Great guy and is a customer and is contacting him as well.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:17 AM
FeuerRacing
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
What can I do? This is a new one for me. I’ve seen a lot of crap in my time, but this takes the cake. I know it’s a Boxster, but I have a ton of money, time and development into this car and I want it and my Trailex back.
I would call him and say you're going to be there in a couple days to pick up the car and trailer and expect it to be completed. If it's done - great. If it's not then the minute you have your car on the trailer and your trailer on your tow vehicle make sure you're parked on public property. (If you need the money back) then ask him for a refund or threaten to sue him if he refuses. If he's really that hard up - only the lawyers will win on a lawsuit so it's never worth it but the threat might get you some immediate relief. However, keep all your texts, emails, make great notes of the phone calls, etc. as you never know what people will do.

But I think the priority is to get your car and trailer back immediately, take your losses and find another shop to fix your car. Since you're in GA - contact Todd Lamb as he would know a ton of places for you to go.

Sucks to hear this bud.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:22 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by FeuerRacing
I would call him and say you're going to be there in a couple days to pick up the car and trailer and expect it to be completed. If it's done - great. If it's not then the minute you have your car on the trailer and your trailer on your tow vehicle make sure you're parked on public property. (If you need the money back) then ask him for a refund or threaten to sue him if he refuses. If he's really that hard up - only the lawyers will win on a lawsuit so it's never worth it but the threat might get you some immediate relief. However, keep all your texts, emails, make great notes of the phone calls, etc. as you never know what people will do.

But I think the priority is to get your car and trailer back immediately, take your losses and find another shop to fix your car. Since you're in GA - contact Todd Lamb as he would know a ton of places for you to go.

Sucks to hear this bud.
Thanks man...I'm just sick to my stomach about it at this point. I've kept every record since they picked it up. I'm just hoping he still has a shop to go to. I'm weary of everything he told me. I'd be very happy just to have my stuff back, fix it and move on. Don't even care to hurt his reputation or seek revenge..just want my stuff. It's gone past ridiculous. Yeah, I'm good friends with Tood..great guy.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:32 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Consider hiring an off duty police officer or sheriff deputy in his jurisdiction to accompany you to pick up your belongings .
Old 04-10-2016, 10:36 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

WOW! The power of RL and friends. Between texts from his customer and this post, he just called. He is meeting me tomorrow right above Jax, FL with both car and trailer. And, he said the bumper was getting painted and would have it to me by the end of the week.

He asked me to remove this post, but I don't know if that's possible. I told him I would update it and be fair, which I will. In his defense, he says he is going through a nasty divorce. And, I can relate and feel for the guy. Let's see if he redeems himself. I have no intentions of hurting his business in any way. Maybe he'll come through with flying colors and be a trustworthy business.

THANKS GUYS!!!!
Old 04-10-2016, 10:37 AM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i would call up mike Flynn at Irish mikes. He is well plugged into the racing world and is in Orlando. Have him send some guys over to pick up the car as is or at least put eyes on it.

Plus he can fix any issues if you want.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:39 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
i would call up mike Flynn at Irish mikes. He is well plugged into the racing world and is in Orlando. Have him send some guys over to pick up the car as is or at least put eyes on it.

Plus he can fix any issues if you want.
Thanks! Yeah I know Todd Buras that used to run with Mike and have contacted him too. I've been going through mental madness trying to figure this out.

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Consider hiring an off duty police officer or sheriff deputy in his jurisdiction to accompany you to pick up your belongings .
Thanks Dave! I really appreciate the concern. Hopefully it will work out tomorrow.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:41 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 345 Posts

Luis stores, transports and provides trackside support for me. This is really surprising to hear. I have texted him on your behalf, and am confident this will be resolved in your favor soon.

Edit: If you can't remove the post, I will give some positive press for Luis Caban. He has always been a standup guy in the couple years I've been dealing with him. I consider him a friend in addition to a business contact. I have noticed a lack of organizational skill on his part. He needs to mature in his role as a business owner as evidenced by this disappointing episode. I feel bad for Roger, but am confident Luis will make it right.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:41 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 394 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
WOW! The power of RL and friends. Between texts from his customer and this post, he just called. He is meeting me tomorrow right above Jax, FL with both car and trailer. And, he said the bumper was getting painted and would have it to me by the end of the week.

He asked me to remove this post, but I don't know if that's possible. I told him I would update it and be fair, which I will. In his defense, he says he is going through a nasty divorce. And, I can relate and feel for the guy. Let's see if he redeems himself. I have no intentions of hurting his business in any way. Maybe he'll come through with flying colors and be a trustworthy business.

THANKS GUYS!!!!
Glad to hear but I certainly wouldn't even consider having the post removed until you have your car and trailer back and are convinced no more damage was incurred. I believe a moderator has the power to delete posts or at least move it to the "abyss."
Old 04-10-2016, 10:44 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Bring a friend along...
Old 04-10-2016, 10:45 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
Luis stores, transports and provides trackside support for me. This is really surprising to hear. I have texted him on your behalf, and am confident this will be resolved in your favor soon.
Thanks for your help Mark!! So kind of you to get involved for a friend.

Originally Posted by Coochas
Glad to hear but I certainly wouldn't even consider having the post removed until you have your car and trailer back and are convinced no more damage was incurred. I believe a moderator has the power to delete posts or at least move it to the "abyss."
Good point. Going to leave the post up without the main stuff until I get everything back and have it checked out. I can restore it easily if he doesn't come through.

I'm just really humbled and so thankful for the help. I'll sleep better tonight for sure.

Quick Reply: HELP..Can't get Car back from Race Shop