Sponsored by:

RacingBrakes.com 2 piece rotor performance after one season

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 03:20 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by winders
The RacingBrake dude and his product seems to get thoroughly shamed in that thread mentioned at the end of his post. Based on what I just read, I would never buy one of the Racing Brake setups!
thats you, and no surprise.... you are product of what you read, not what you know, or learn.
I have no horse in the game either. i just think its fantastic that i was able to migrate to a lower cost rotor. the reasons for the failures seem like any other failure story. missuse, not poor design. However, i stilll have 6 more months of racing to go with them. maybe ill even see one of their vets out there with NASA ST2.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:38 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 762 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
thats you, and no surprise.... you are product of what you read, not what you know, or learn.
Yeah, right......
Old 03-25-2016, 03:47 PM
winders
Race Car

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...post1590976607

Post #10 is from someone that used to work at Performance Friction and has no horse in the race (you screwed up the metaphor as usual) either. A damning "endorsement" to be sure. You keep running those rotors if you want.....
Old 03-25-2016, 03:57 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...post1590976607

Post #10 is from someone that used to work at Performance Friction and has no horse in the race (you screwed up the metaphor as usual) either. A damning "endorsement" to be sure. You keep running those rotors if you want.....
I dont think you have to even try to be a D__K, it comes so naturally. Horse in the game, could be polo, dog in the race, or how about this one, *** on the list? I have a BIG surprise for you when i see you at the next race Your mouth is cashing checks your brain cant cover.. how about that for a Metaphor!

yes, i will continue to run these rotors. if they have issues, you guys will be the first to hear about it.
Old 03-25-2016, 04:19 PM
winders
Race Car

Originally Posted by mark kibort
I dont think you have to even try to be a D__K, it comes so naturally. Horse in the game, could be polo, dog in the race, or how about this one, *** on the list? I have a BIG surprise for you when i see you at the next race Your mouth is cashing checks your brain cant cover.. how about that for a Metaphor!

yes, i will continue to run these rotors. if they have issues, you guys will be the first to hear about it.
Screwed up another metaphor. It goes something like this:

“Your mouth is writing checks that your a$$ can't cash.”

From "Top Gun":

"Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash."

As far as the next race is concerned, I am shaking in my boots....not!!! Interesting threat, though. Are you going to "surprise" me on the track or in my pit area?
Old 03-25-2016, 04:34 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Screwed up another metaphor. It goes something like this:

“Your mouth is writing checks that your a$$ can't cash.”

From "Top Gun":

"Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash."

As far as the next race is concerned, I am shaking in my boots....not!!! Interesting threat, though. Are you going to "surprise" me on the track or in my pit area?
I make up my own metaphors. that's what a metaphor is.. its made up. more of your following what has ALREADY been done or said. are you bored following others?

next race. in the pits...... I dont have the parachute rear NASCAR flap to keep up with your breakneck speeds..

by the way.. i dont think you can use that metaphor, unless your from the hood and pronounce A$$ like AZZ. otherwise, it sounds kind of silly!
Old 03-26-2016, 03:20 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by RacingBrake
When dealing with brake heat, the rotor is acting like a heat ex-changer with two things to consider:

1. How large is the thermal capacity, this is directly related to the mass 9size) of the brake rotor, the heavier (larger) the better, in order to keep the heat under threshold.

2. How fast a rotor can dissipate the heat (move the heat out of the system)

I always like to refer the brake rotor as a heat sink - Just like your bathroom sink. The size of a sink (rotor) and the how fast it can drain the water (heat) determines how much heat you can put into the rotor w/o causing rotor to warp/crack (sink overflows).

For high speed track cars, you don't want to carry too big a sink, but you want it to drain the heat fast vs. heavy & low speed truck/trailer which you need a huge sink (mostly drum brake) to hold the heat because the low speed means poor heat exchange.

I hope this explains why Mark's new brake set up makes sense - A lighter rotor but with better design to cool the rotor faster still can perform better than a heavier rotor.

I have a discussion detailing the brake design in other section in case you are interested to learn more.

Racing Brake rotors vs AP Racing J hooks
Seems extremely odd that you would link to a thread where you get absolutely pasted?? Did someone hack your account?

Quick Reply: RacingBrakes.com 2 piece rotor performance after one season