Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry L
Curious - do you guys use polarized lenses? Can you read the digital displays with them?
The AiM products are not a problem. I always wear polarized sunglasses and have never had a problem.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:01 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Scott

Surprised nobody has mentioned contact lenses. I have similar vision or actually worse than yours. Long sighted but now can't read without specs. I use a Bausch + Lomb Multi focal lens. If you don't know about them you're already thinking "How the hell can that work with a contact lens?" Answer is that instead of the traditional 'split screen' in a spectacle lens, these run concentric circles and the brain just figures it out. You can read up close and see in the distance. These are soft lenses and you can't feel them when they're in. Well mostly. Like anything if they get dry you'll feel it (sitting in Air Con all day type dry). Definitely worth checking into.
http://www.allaboutvision.com/contacts/bifocals.htm

http://www.aclens.com/displaylens.as...FY8kvQoddegBhQ
Old 01-21-2016, 03:16 AM
winders
Race Car

Received 759 Likes on 383 Posts

Patrick,

Yes, I came across multifocal and bifocal contact lenses when I was researching multifocal and bifocal Lasik eye surgery.

I am leaning away from Lasik and toward bifocal glasses. But I will continue to look at multifocal and bifocal contact lenses.

Thanks!
Old 01-21-2016, 06:29 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

I have driven with glasses and sunglasses. Both are a major hassle compared to a good contact lens. Once you try it and commit, you will never look back...(bad pun).
Old 01-21-2016, 03:21 PM
Silver Box
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love my Costa's. Regular sunglasses on top and invisiline readers on the bottom. Use them on the boat when fishing so I can see tying knots. Wound up being great out on the track so I can see the gauges clearly. Lifetime warranty too!!

https://www.costadelmar.com/shop/sun...39#17091/16983
Old 01-22-2016, 10:44 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts

I'm going to ask the stupid question: is there a way to make the lap time LARGER on the AiM display?

I have been shackled to bifocals for many years since I have a synthetic lens in my left eye. I managed to switch to a distance only script for driving and am able to read my Aim dashes (two models) OK. As others mentioned, maybe my dash is relatively farther away (closer to focal point). I dunno. And then I ran my glasses over at Sebring last year so now I just drive blind.

I'd start by asking the AiM gurus if you can customize the dash to get a bigger readout.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:02 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
I'm going to ask the stupid question: is there a way to make the lap time LARGER on the AiM display?

I have been shackled to bifocals for many years since I have a synthetic lens in my left eye. I managed to switch to a distance only script for driving and am able to read my Aim dashes (two models) OK. As others mentioned, maybe my dash is relatively farther away (closer to focal point). I dunno. And then I ran my glasses over at Sebring last year so now I just drive blind.

I'd start by asking the AiM gurus if you can customize the dash to get a bigger readout.
I think both of your dashes are MXL Pista, so no on those. Same for an MXS and MXG. On the MXL2, if you only have 1 measure displayed, it makes it bigger. That could be helpful for some folks.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:58 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scott: I have 3 different IC Berlin frames (two 'computer' and one polarized 'computer' sunglasses). All are essentially the same except for lens size and other cosmetic issues. The frames are nearly indestructible and my oldest pair is probably 6 years old. It's the lenses that get changed every 18 months or so. The non-sunglasses are bit of a misnomer as they are photo-chromatic and get grey in the sunlight (just not so much in a car where the UV is reduced).

Polarized sunglasses are not an issue with a MoTeC dash and the Schlierin lines you see in a plexiglass window get tuned out pretty quickly.

I only have vision in one eye so I take good care of the one that works to keep it working. I would never risk any of the laser surgeries. I get only the best, most shatter resistant lenses available.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:10 PM
Racerrob
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the info on those contacts. I am getting close, just started wearing 1.25 reading glasses. This aging stuff sucks!
Old 01-24-2016, 09:27 PM
drive418
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are willing to try contact lenses, give this a shot...my eye doc suggested I try a lens in my dominant eye for distance and a lens in my non-dominant eye for reading. Has worked like a charm. I was able to throw away my 1.50 reading glasses.

Quick Reply: Farsighted Issues....