Don't lie about your car. Particularly this car

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 08:17 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Don't lie about your car. Particularly this car

EDIT: Just realized you have to go to the link to see the tweets.

http://jalopnik.com/koenigsegg-hilar...-he-1752283380

There’s something so viscerally satisfying about this, and there’s important lesson as well. Look, if you’re going to lie on Twitter about having an absurdly exclusive supercar to drive around, best to not tag the only people in the world who know you’re lying. Like this guy did, with a black Koenigsegg One:1.

The claim of One:1-having was made by Alejandro Novarro, who describes himself as a “professional karting driver,” maker of EDM music (and a DJ-Producer ‘in-progress’). Also, if you were curious, he has

“Passion for the Gastronomy, Tennis & Fashion.”

Who doesn’t love the gastronomy, right? Hell, I always wanted to be a gastronomer. Anyway, our man here seems to be spending some luxuriant time in Monte Carlo, and he wanted to let the world know (well, at least his 486 followers) that he has an incredible black Koenigsegg One:1 to hoon. As he says in his Tweet:

My beast [purple demon head] [fire] [wind or fart] for driving tonight on Monte-Carlo streets [sunglass face] [fingers signing roman numeral 5] [crescent moon] [palm tree] #BestMate @koenigsegg #OneBlack 450kn.h #IsARealMadness!

Of course, the actual Tweet has been deleted, so here’s a full screenshot:

Koenigsegg Hilariously Calls Out Dip**** Pretending He Has A One:1:

Not sure how you'll manage that when that car is in Ängelholm

Please note he tagged @koenigsegg, the people who built the car. Also, the only people who will know for sure if that particular car has been sold or not, and, roughly, where it is. That brings us to Koenigsegg’s response:

Oh boy. Ängelholm, Sweden is where Koenigsegg is based, and, interestingly, that black One:1 is as well. A quick consultation to your desktop globe will confirm that Monte Carlo is not in Sweden, and Mr. Navarro may not have been telling the truth about the beast he’ll be driving tonight on Monte Carlo streets. It may be more likely that a rental Fiat Panda #IsARealMadness.

Alex, come on buddy, use your head. Don’t tag the company that makes insanely rare cars in Tweets where you lie about driving them! This just ends in tears. Of you know, laughter for us, embarrassment for you.

Those tears.

(thanks Freddy and the Oppositetalk FB group!)

Contact the author at jason@jalopnik.com.

Last edited by Streak; 01-11-2016 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:27 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

I don't really have a purple car either.
But I locked myself up in the bedroom and searched photo's from all over the intraweb and made it look like I went to all these tracks with it. In Europe no less! All from my basement bedroom.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:28 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 266 Posts

That's the beauty of the internet. Ignorance, stupidity and liars for the world to see.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:13 PM
ny991
Nordschleife Master

Received 164 Likes on 114 Posts

He probably stayed in a Holiday Inn the night before. ��
Old 01-14-2016, 10:36 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts

I believe the classic way the internet responds to this is:

pwned
Old 01-18-2016, 03:28 PM