Sponsored by:

NASA/GTS

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 09:40 AM
vwmann1
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NASA/GTS

Hey guys just a heads up NASAis making some radical changes to the GTS rule set to limit how much you can detune and engine electronically and limiting how much ballast you can run. All of the changes apparently will help with cross over with PCA and help alleviate the perception of cheating. A few of these changes however will completely rule out a few GTS cars that are built to the limit of the old rule set(myself included) based on no fact or evidence of cheating regardless of what the black box we use for compliance says. Curious to hear some thoughts from the active PCA racers here that would consider crossing over to GTS.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:19 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Went there a couple years ago since I started racing with NASA, every year new changes to rules kept coming up which required changes to the cars in the PTA/ST race groups.
Got so frustrated finally went over to GTS and over the last two years that mentality has transferred over to the GTS group.

As one driver punned:
"Why I race(d) GTS

Im out.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:41 PM
ianacole
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Been awhile, and am a little hesitant to jump on this, but I advocated strongly against the "camel nose under the tent" when it came to rule changes in GTS ... got overruled by the leadership. I'll continue to occasionally run with NASA as they've adopted the SpecBoxster rules (once mine's done) as I'm not yet in a position to chase the PCA around the country to get a full racing season in. Rocky Mountain SCCA has also adopted the rule set (not sure if that's nationally or just regionally for now), so I'll likely run there as well.

Ian
Old 11-22-2015, 10:26 AM
jcontardi
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Are these rule changes now published?

Quick Reply: NASA/GTS