Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shout Out for Pro Coach!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 08:45 AM
SWK6Cup

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Shout Out for Pro Coach!

I had my first chance to attend and event @ VIR, this past weekend and took the opportunity to hire Peter Krause. I wasn't sure how professional coaching, with no one in the right seat, would work for me, as all my previous pro coaching was done with someone sitting next to me in the car, saying gas gas gas, etc.

Well, I want to put that thought to bed, immediately! Peter is simply amazing. To go to a track that I had never driven, to be able to get his simply invaluable information, to be able to distill it down into simple bites, absorb it and then execute (most of it), while never having someone next to you is simply remarkable. Peter is like a coaching god, at least for me. Consummate professional, (natty dresser, too!) and he is just fantastic. Use of video and data, and the skills and technique he taught me were just awe inspiring. Simply some of the best money I spent, to date. All the go fast goodies, surely help, but pro-coaching is what really makes a difference and Peter stands at the summit of the pro-coaches I have worked with.

I can't think of a better way to end my driving season, this year. VIR and Peter, (and killer weather) ....doesn't get any better that that, for me!

Peter, a sincere "thank you".......looking forward to figuring out how to make this happen next year.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:58 AM
asmperformance
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very good use of racing funds. Now put a data system in your car, if you don't already have one, and apply what he's shown you. Driver training with pros like Peter is the quickest way to lower lap times.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:38 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,799 Likes on 1,654 Posts

Wow and thanks! I REALLY appreciate the shout-out!

Our time together was a LOT of fun and NNJR-PCA runs a great event! It helped it was a perfect day for us to practice the craft!

I think there is plenty more you can do with your Traqmate, especially when you get the video working, but we had multiple other cameras and systems on the car (and now you have all the video).

I particularly appreciate your open, enthusiastic approach and look forward to working with you again! Good luck!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 11-03-2015, 11:44 AM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Was down there riding shotgun for a weekend and got to sit in on a great talk peter gave to all for the track.....great resource and guy.

Ps thanks for the aim help
Old 11-03-2015, 12:31 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Thank you!

Tom and his whole crew do a very nice job with that event, and I was delighted to give a "virtual" track walk at lunch on Saturday.

The room was packed and sorry if I went on too long, but I do get excited about this stuff! A number of folks were kind enough to tell me that they had picked up chunks of time, so it was nice to see the info get used right away.

Thanks, NNJR-PCA!
Old 11-03-2015, 12:44 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

I was paddocked adjacent to Scott and got a chance to watch Peter work with him. Very impressive the way Peter communicated his observations and recommendations.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:40 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 110 Posts

I had to leave early, but heard from a friend that the talk gained him seconds a lap, and that he was much more comfortable doing it. Really sorry I missed it. I could use some seconds! Maybe next year, if my throwout bearing holds up...
Old 11-06-2015, 06:48 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Sorry you had trouble, Chuck!
Old 11-06-2015, 10:41 PM
mmuller
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Price
Maybe next year, if my throwout bearing holds up...
Next year I will be back in the GT3 instead of the red grocery getter and maybe we can have some fun like last year. Sorry you had a problem and left early. Your student worked out nicely and I had him driving all the way into the brake zone on the back straight by the end of Saturday.

Sorry I missed your lunchtime session Procoach, but I managed to catch some of it at the club race earlier in the year. Very jealous you get to have so much time on track at VIR
Old 11-09-2015, 09:13 AM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 110 Posts

Matt,

Thanks for taking my student so I could get home. 1400 miles towing, 150 miles on the track! But I must say, with your recommendation of the cup exhaust, they were a fun 150 miles. Look forward to seeing you next season, in my rear view mirror with the M3 or through my front windshield, briefly, with the 6GT3.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:52 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

+1
Old 11-10-2015, 11:06 PM
Dr911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Country911
I had my first chance to attend and event @ VIR, this past weekend and took the opportunity to hire Peter Krause. I wasn't sure how professional coaching, with no one in the right seat, would work for me, as all my previous pro coaching was done with someone sitting next to me in the car, saying gas gas gas, etc.

....pro-coaching is what really makes a difference and Peter stands at the summit of the pro-coaches I have worked with.

I can't think of a better way to end my driving season, this year. VIR and Peter, and weather ....

Peter, a sincere "thank you".
No surprise to hear any of this. Peter is renowned for his generosity of wisdom and expertise. My only regret? I have not worked with him yet. Will correct that soon I hope. Bravo Peter!
Old 09-18-2016, 10:24 AM
JP66
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 70 Posts

Well, I want to put that thought to bed, immediately! Peter is simply amazing. To go to a track that I had never driven, to be able to get his simply invaluable information, to be able to distill it down into simple bites, absorb it and then execute (most of it), while never having someone next to you is simply remarkable. Peter is like a coaching god, at least for me. Consummate professional, (natty dresser, too!) and he is just fantastic. Use of video and data, and the skills and technique he taught me were just awe inspiring. Simply some of the best money I spent, to date. All the go fast goodies, surely help, but pro-coaching is what really makes a difference and Peter stands at the summit of the pro-coaches I have worked with.

I can't think of a better way to end my driving season, this year. VIR and Peter, (and killer weather) ....doesn't get any better that that, for me!

Peter, a sincere "thank you".......looking forward to figuring out how to make this happen next year.

+1000

I recently had the good fortune to also work with Peter, and I think the comment above is a perfect summary. Working with Peter is like working with Magic. Everyone learns in a different manner, and for me Peter's ability to distill raw data and find one single element at a time to work on is pure genius. During the day I ran four sessions, and after each session I kept chopping time until by the end of the day I was almost 2 secs faster than the morning runs! Now that's money well spent!

Thank you, Peter!! Can't wait 'til the next lesson!!

Here's some fun video showing the consistency I gained from working with Peter. Had to give some passes so it wasn't all perfectly consistent or on line, but compared to where I was last year and considering this is only my 15th track day, I think the power of professional coaching really shows.

P.S Yes I do wear gloves usually just forgot them in my bag for the first run . . . oops.

P.P.S Stock Cayman R on street tires. Yokohama ADVAN at 31 psi hot 25 psi starting cold.

Last edited by JP66; 09-18-2016 at 10:59 AM.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:45 AM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Received 367 Likes on 171 Posts

Old 09-18-2016, 07:48 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Thank you, all!

I have a REALLY fun job, especially working with smart people like you all!

Quick Reply: Shout Out for Pro Coach!