Sponsored by:

Race car title question

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 12:03 PM
stownsen914
Three Wheelin'

Received 268 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I've also heard this is an issue if you are going across the border from USA to Canada. Any truth to needing a title for this?
I'll be interested to know if it is. I have an older 911 racecar with no title and no real hope of getting one (it's a vintage ex-IMSA car).
Old 10-30-2015, 12:11 PM
Stuttgart
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

I've registered and titled several cars in Florida that never had a title or lost the title. Go to the tax collector's website for your county and they spell out how to do it. You'll need a vin verification form (signed by a police officer), application form, bill of sale, and a clear title affidavit.

Just explain that it's been a race car its whole life and you don't know anything more than that.

LETTER OF CLEAR TITLE

I, under penalty of perjury, do solemnly swear and that I am the true and lawful owner of the vehicle described herein and the vehicle described herein is free from any and all defect, liens, and encumbrances.

I swear and affirm that all information I have provided herein is true and correct and that any misrepresentation of facts will subject to criminal prosecution as provided by law.

The description of the vehicle I/we wish to title is as follows:

Vehicle Identification Number:
Year:
Make:
Model:
Body:

Affiant,
Old 10-30-2015, 12:13 PM
Nader Fotouhi
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

^
The one time I crossed with the race car in tow, nobody has asked me for any documentation.

We have a title bought I do not know if it was in the previous owner's name and a bill of sale for the race car. We had no plans to register the car, so the title is unimportant. FWIW, NJ does not issue title for trailer with empty weight less than 2000#. I just sold my aluminum trailer with a BOS.

Quick Reply: Race car title question