Sponsored by:

FS AIM SOLO- DL

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 06:35 PM
Canyonrs4
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default FS AIM SOLO- DL

Great condition, have ODB-2 cable, charger and original box. Used for 4 DE's and find it is more than what I need for simple DE lap times.

Asking $625.00 with free USPS priority shipping.

Thanks for looking!
Old 06-27-2015, 10:18 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Smile More than you need?

First of all, I spent years of trial and error, finally arriving at AIM. Personally, I think it is the best, and is probably NOT "it is more than what I need for simple DE lap times." A basic timer will tell you elapsed time, it won't tell you where you left time on the table. This is the key to getting better.,,,and if you are doing DEs, on the surface, or at lest deep down, you probably do want to get better. If you didn't, you'd be going to progressive dinners and concours, not DEs.

I clearly understand that the data when downloaded to the AIM Race Studio can be overwhelming. If you get proficient with the Race Studio, you can see what you are doing right as well as wrong...and it will be clear where improvement is possible. It can be done...but as seems on the surface to be a lofty goal, it can/will be difficult to learn at first

Before you scrap the AIM system, read Making Sense of Squiggly Lines, by Chris Brown....get through this, and it is an easy, common sense read, and your be able to attack your DE tracks with knowledge.

Also, talk to your AIM dealer...they can make things oh so simple. I take lessons from mine.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:17 PM
JP66
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 70 Posts

I have zero knowledge in this area and am really just learning, but I am soon going to my first DE and would love something that records my laps without having to hire someone to install the system. Is this a "free standing" system? Can I record my lap times and speeds and overlay it on video? Does it take video or do I need to use my own GoPro and then overlay the data?

Anyways, I'm interested if it's easy to use and records basic lap times without needing installation.

Quick Reply: FS AIM SOLO- DL