VIR Clubrace........June 19-21

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 07:29 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by jdistefa
SPB field was pretty decimated by the heat. Yonker had an off. Muller lost his transmission. Mazzola wheel bearings. And I popped the motor in sprint 2, likely a rod bearing. All said it was still great racing.
Damn, I missed my chance. Sorry to hear about everybody's luck. I've got a line on a low mileage 99 with front end damage at a good price. It's in Yonker's color. Let me know if anyone is interested, I have some pictures.
Old 06-21-2015, 10:34 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
Damn, I missed my chance.
I didn't
Old 06-21-2015, 11:55 PM
mmuller
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

The heat was brutal on the equipment. My trans was fine on Saturday morning and I was feeling comfortable again in the car after a rough start to the year. Lap 3 while in front of SPB it was all over. No 4th. I tried to hang on for a lap but let everyone by at oak tree when I realized I was moving chicane. The format at VIR had us with the two sprints after lunch meant a trans change was more than I wanted to attempt.

Sorry to see Yonker in the wall so early in the weekend, but I know how that one feels. Hope the foot heals soon buddy and you make it out to NJMP.

Sprint 2 looked like a good race till Matt's car gave into the heat. Then it was a race of survival.

Still, like Matt said, we had some really great racing while we where all out there.

Last edited by mmuller; 06-22-2015 at 08:56 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-22-2015, 07:48 AM
Paseb
Race Car

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

very fun track, great weekend, started very slowly in the 2:25 lap and pulled a 2:08:73 in qualif. Thought i had the new track record, but my pal doug pulled a 2:08:46. I had 2 great sprint race with him. Evan and Clark were moving, damn it. Very close in my rear view mirror, you guys were a menace.

Had a great battle with omar during the enduro. The 2 cars accident back in a row caused me to loose the enduro. ahhhh. Leason learned, pit early!

SPB cars were moving too. Great drivers there as usual.

Special thanks to Dawes for saving my car and weekend, so much problems as usual.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:48 AM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Great weekend as usual. ...yes hot but great track and a well run event.
for all those caught up in the carnage hopefully you get it fixed soon and or heal quickly.

Had several moments forced off track by lapped cars and ended up with a bit of damage in a couple sessions....very memorable moment with clarke in the enduro

Had to go agricultural and rip up my front bumper...not sure how I didn't hit him.
Clarke had some rediculously good restarts after the yellows....musta made 3 or 4 positions each time and drove a really good race

Alot new track records and personal bests despite the heat ....

And what was up with the red checker last restart....double yellow out...fooled you ....reach for the green as the leaders pass under him
Old 06-22-2015, 08:49 AM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach

F, SPB and GT4 were really fun to watch. Scott B represented well in the "Team Obsolete" 996 GTB1 car, which is THE smokin' deal I think, right now. B1 is the arms race, but that's a good car for very reasonable money, IMO.

All in all, hot but fun!
Thanks Peter. The car ran great all weekend with the exception of a power steering hose coming loose in a practice session. ( lots of smoke ) Very Happy with a first and a third in the sprints. Wish I could have stayed for the enduro but needed to get home for Father's day.

A great way to send the ole girl out. I think whoever buys her will be very happy.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:58 AM
danielyonker
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
I didn't
Streak -

Did you get first in class in the Enduro!?
Old 06-22-2015, 09:13 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,833 Likes on 1,670 Posts

Originally Posted by Der ABT
And what was up with the red checker last restart....double yellow out...fooled you ....reach for the green as the leaders pass under him
Radio miscue. Tower never told him the pace car was coming in, then told him late to give the green. Different radio networks, one PCA (pace car, scruts, control) and one worker net (corners, emergency services, starter). Not good that they're not coordinated better.

Hope Doug C's feeling ok today. Looked nasty...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 06-22-2015, 11:55 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by danielyonker
Streak -

Did you get first in class in the Enduro!?
Lucky dog!!!!!!!

I did indeed

How's the foot?
Old 06-22-2015, 12:00 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Too hot. Miserable. First time I have ever wished I wasn't racing.

IDEA: since this race is put on by Zone 2 and Zone 2 has a DE weekend in March IIRC, lets flip/flop the dates and let the DE guys suffer. DE can do this in short sleeves and shorts in cars with A/C.

Who do I need to talk to about this?

Last edited by GT3DE; 06-27-2015 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:11 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Hope Doug C's feeling ok today. Looked nasty...
That sucks to hear. X2/ok.

Originally Posted by GT3DE
Too hot. Miserable. First time I have ever wished I wasn't racing.

IDEA: since this race is put on by Zone 2 and Zone 2 has a DE weekend in March IIRC, lets flip/flop the dates and let the DE guys suffer. DE can do this in short sleeves and shorts in carts with A/C.

Who do I need to talk to about this?
I mentioned that last year but was pointed out that would make it the week before RA. -which would be okay w/ me but probably not RA. https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...l#post11476873
Old 06-22-2015, 12:31 PM
danielyonker
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
Lucky dog!!!!!!!

I did indeed

How's the foot?
Congrats Bro!!
Old 06-22-2015, 01:03 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

I mentioned that last year but was pointed out that would make it the week before RA. -which would be okay w/ me but probably not RA. https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...l#post11476873[/QUOTE]

Yes, I read that post from last year. Blah, blah, blah. Too f***ing hot - move the race to March. Screw RA, RA is always a raining cup car crash fest anyway.
Old 06-22-2015, 01:15 PM
mmuller
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Congrats Bro!!
Congrats!! You where working hard all weekend to get to the front. Glad you made out? What happened to our Texas friends?
Old 06-22-2015, 02:00 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Congrats Bro!!
Thank you.

Originally Posted by mmuller
Congrats!! You where working hard all weekend to get to the front. Glad you made out? What happened to our Texas friends?
Thanks. I happened to capitalize on Doug's misfortune. I pitted before the double yellow came out. I did end up behind them at the end of the race and had some fun.

BTW, thank you for the 5th gear advice, I was able to keep the car running cooler.

Quick Reply: VIR Clubrace........June 19-21