Sponsored by:

Electric Trailer Jack - WTB opinion

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 11:58 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,286 Likes on 1,589 Posts

I received the Husky jack yesterday from Amazon and have plans to install it in the next week. Review to follow.

On another note, I can't contain my disappointment for etrailer. I have ordered from them a few times in the past but this is the first time I had to deal with a return. It took them six days to get me a return shipping label and that is after trying to work out getting a replacement plastic cover for almost two weeks.

It was the ridiculous manner in which they communicated with me that was most frustrating. I would ask them a question about resolving the situation and they would totally ignore me. Here I am still trying to work it out and all the emails and discussions were as if I were somehow at fault. It was shipped broken! Never installed! I would have let them replace it but they were out of stock. Can you get me a replacement part? No? Take it back. Well.........lets drag our feet a little longer.

Never once did anyone say "sorry for the inconvenience". The reason why the part was broken is because it had NO PADDING. It is shipped just laying in a box with some paper. Compare it to the Husky jack which came in Styrofoam.

This has really soured me on etrailer and doubt I order from them again. Too bad, as they had a good selection and prices.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:37 AM
cetom
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default husky

hi LV
so after installing the Husky do you like it . was it easy to install
thanks
Old 06-27-2015, 12:24 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cetom
hi LV
so after installing the Husky do you like it . was it easy to install
thanks
Yes, I like it. First off, unlike the previous jack, it was packaged correctly and came undamaged. Good instructions and everything you need except for the three bolts and some extra wire. I reused my existing bolts but plan on getting some new ones next time I am at Home Depot. The wire that goes to the battery was just a foot or two too short to reach my battery. I had amble wire on hand so no problem.

Installation was a flash. Unbolted the three bolts of the existing jack, slid the new jack in, and bolted it up. The only item which took more than a few minutes was connecting it to the battery in the trailer but that didn't take long either.

Trailer goes up and pretty easily, even connected to the truck with weight distribution attached. I like the telescoping leg so now I don't have to carry around a bunch of blocks of wood. I did not get the remote control one as I heard it drains the battery. I don't see the sense in it. Unlike a winch to bring the car on the trailer, where a remote is a godsend, I'm always going to be standing right there with the jack.

Design looks pretty solid. I know they sell it as a positive but I could have done without the lights on the jack. Its nice to have, and provides some low level light in the pitch black, but I feel like someone could come along and flip the switch and drain my battery. I supposed I could disable it or wire in a kill switch but I am too lazy for that.

All in all I would highly recommend the jack.

On a side note, the only issue I had with installation was a wasp's nest where the jack mounts. When I pulled the old jack off they came swarming out and I ran like an idiot waving my arms. I meant to pull video from my security camera to see just how ridiculous I looked! That was the most exciting part of the job.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:25 PM
cetom
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jack

thank you very much
Old 06-30-2015, 02:19 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Completed installation.