Lime Rock Club Race

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 09:33 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by danielyonker
Thanks Glenstain. Don't think I actually broke the 1:00.00 barrier, at least according to race monitor. I saw a 0:59.98 on the GPS, but apparently it was off.

Congrats to you for your podium finish - you did very well to keep Dawe from getting by.
What happened to Matt? Looked like he was going to give you a race.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:36 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Nice job by CVR organizing another successful race weekend.

Sprint 2 for Orange Group was interesting, 1 out lap instead of 2 that I heard during the drivers meeting, oil at end of left hander and entry to bottom of uphill dumped during prior race. Not sure if the oil impacted the incident at the uphill but know it caused me to pucker up on lap 3 when I pushed way out towards the wall after clipping the apex.

The red flag situation was handled as best as possible by PCA in light of the circumstances. There was some confusion but the re-grid was for 1 lap to checker. I'm know mistakes were made with final placement but heck, it's club racing.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:54 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt
no way they should have gone green after 1 lap at LRP with cup cars. mistake in a big way. i was barely to temp after the 2 in race 1 and had to let Analog dude have the lead for a smidge. great racing.
I agree, they had the checkered flag and black flags out, so the race was done, and it's amazing nobody crashed on the 1 lap sprint.

Had a good time at the race, the cup is finally running after almost 2 years. Here's some action with Steve and his awesome GT3R.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:18 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

mike great racing. your GTA2 4 liter is great. glad to hear you were unscathed in R2.

Last edited by spg993tt; 04-27-2015 at 05:21 AM.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:58 AM
danielyonker
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

mike great racing. your GTA2 4 liter is great. glad to hear you were unscathed in R2.
I was fun to watch the Orange race, for sure. I would love to race a Cup some day. Whats up with three wide at the start of the first lap and the wave off?
Old 04-27-2015, 11:02 AM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by danielyonker
I was fun to watch the Orange race, for sure. I would love to race a Cup some day. Whats up with three wide at the start of the first lap and the wave off?
After all yoru time in those momentum cars, you'd kill it in a cup car! fassst you'd be young jedi warrior. everyone is good in high HP cars on the straights, but time in the boxsters and miatas make you slippery in the corners.

THe waive off in Race 1 was p3 996 cup of a certain fun loving much beloved rennlister who is a sneaking little bastage who attempted to come along side me. i left him room because while i love the coot, he would have gotten dropped before turn 1. Hats off to Analog dude who went the outside loop around T1 to take the lead for a few. was fun to watch, ive seen that move a ton because even if you dont get it fully done on exit of 1, you're ina good spot for the left hander.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:08 AM
danielyonker
Pro

After all yoru time in those momentum cars, you'd kill it in a cup car! fassst you'd be young jedi warrior. everyone is good in high HP cars on the straights, but time in the boxsters and miatas make you slippery in the corners.

THe waive off in Race 1 was p3 996 cup of a certain fun loving much beloved rennlister who is a sneaking little bastage who attempted to come along side me. i left him room because while i love the coot, he would have gotten dropped before turn 1. Hats off to Analog dude who went the outside loop around T1 to take the lead for a few. was fun to watch, ive seen that move a ton because even if you dont get it fully done on exit of 1, you're ina good spot for the left hander.
Thats funny - maybe the "sneaky little bastage" missed the drivers meeting where they were very specific about the formation lap. Other than that, great racing by y'all.

Agreed on the outside of T1; if you can make it stick it is a great move. Of course, you can do the same thing on the left hander
Old 04-27-2015, 01:25 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It was a very well run event, CVR does a great job.
Froze our asses off on Friday, but Saturday was the way we like it, weather wise.
Great entertainment watching the Orange group wheelie-ing the uphill, although not the Caymens, only the 911's and not the ones with proper aero.
Then it all went to **** for me when I hit a piece of debris that I couldn't see and went off into the West Bend tire wall, wrecking the nicest SPB on the grid. I'll post the vid when I get to it, but I'm bummed.
We'll get it fixed, don't know how long, and then I'll try again to get up to speed in a very compeititve class. Thanks for all the well wishes, can't believe this happened.
Attached Images  
Old 04-27-2015, 01:47 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

It sure was pretty Frank! Glad you are OK, welcome to the Limerock wrecking crew.. Just glad you are ok!
Old 04-27-2015, 01:54 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

I think you're the first RL'r to post a pic of their car following a wreck. I'm sure you'll buff it out.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:07 PM
Sean Gibbons
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Frank glad you are ok. I have a left rear quarter if you need one,
Old 04-27-2015, 02:53 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Thanks, guys, Yeah, I don't know why everyone is so ashamed to post mishaps, but I'm not.
I intend to post the video too, but I'm having problems with my editing software.
When I do, I'd love to know what happened, cuz I'm not clear on what it is that I hit.
You'll see it.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:09 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,721 Likes on 913 Posts

First time racing at LRP and in new car. More than once I came around West Bend and thought that it looked like a bad place to have a mishap - everthing pinches in to the bridge so that an off there is almost head on. Needless to say I was very glad to see you out and walking around.

Did you tag the tire barriers on both sides?
Old 04-27-2015, 04:21 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

I was having a good race with a red 911, chasing him for 3 or 4 laps, then zeroing in for a pass attempt.
Got a run up the hill and closed in very close into West Bend, he saw and cleared a piece of something in the road, I was too close to see it and hit it with right side wheels. As soon as I turned in the car went loose and spun around towards infield, I was a passenger at this point, locked up and slid across the grass to broadside the infield tire wall with driver's side.
Can't even tell what it was that I hit, although it's clear in my vid, nor can I figure out how hitting the right side would spin the car like that.
Trying to get the vid up, will be interested in inputs.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:23 PM
danielyonker
Pro

Originally Posted by Nizer
First time racing at LRP and in new car. More than once I came around West Bend and thought that it looked like a bad place to have a mishap - everthing pinches in to the bridge so that an off there is almost head on. Needless to say I was very glad to see you out and walking around.

Did you tag the tire barriers on both sides?
Frank - at one point I thought I saw you standing on the side of the track with your thumb out, as if you were hitch hiking. I got a chuckle out of that -

Quick Reply: Lime Rock Club Race