Sponsored by:

Lime Rock Club Race

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 03:10 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 491 Posts

Two red flags in one day but I think everybody was ok.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:22 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
No more updates from Saturday?
Great weather, if a little chilly on Friday. Overall good event. A couple of big offs but generally clean driving in my races other than a couple of safety car violations, which stewards chose not to pursue.

New LRP PCA lap record by fellow RL'er.

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Second race in yellow two separate cars blew engines and dumped oil everywhere on line. First from the bottom of no name to the uphill. Then another a few laps later at the downhill. I had to drive mostly offline for the rest of the race.
Is that how the white GT3 ended up backwards up on the tire wall on the uphill?
Old 04-26-2015, 03:23 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,242 Likes on 1,576 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Great weather, if a little chilly on Friday. Overall good event. A couple of big offs but generally clean driving in my races other than a couple of safety car violations, which stewards chose not to pursue.

New LRP PCA lap record by fellow RL'er.

I believe that happened in the next race so I can't help but think it was a contributing factor.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:39 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Two red flags in one day but I think everybody was ok.
Since he is too humble to mention it Frank got his national champion trophy for I class for 2014. Congrats to you Frank!

I class is pretty lonely now - I was the only car running in it at LRP so I think I may have to go down to H so I have some people to race with!
Old 04-26-2015, 03:55 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
No - that happened later in the race and cased the Red Flag.

Since he is too humble to mention it Frank got his national champion trophy for I class for 2014. Congrats to you Frank!
Thanks Todd! Come with me to GTB1! Some really good drivers there.

Orange Group Race I was actually pretty uneventful with some great racing.

Orange Group Race II started with the pace car coming in after only one warm-up lap, even though it was agreed that for the Orange group it would be two. Some people didn't warm up their tires and we had an interesting situation in T1. Unfortunately, the white GT3 ended up facing downhill on the uphill on its side after about 15/15 laps. Race Control could't figure out in a reasonable amount of time the correct re-start order which caused cars to overheat. A mad dash to the finish line after that. My sense is that they'll figure out the correct results at some point.

What impressed me the most, other than the level of competitive driving in the Orange Group were the CVR volunteers. This was certainly a very well run event.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:03 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

What impressed me the most, other than the level of competitive driving in the Orange Group were the CVR volunteers. This was certainly a very well run event.
Second that - CVR volunteers were great. Nice crowd of spectators on the hill for Saturday races too.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:19 PM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 93 Posts

CVR rules!!
All others drool!
Old 04-26-2015, 04:36 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Plenty of airtime as well....
Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2015, 05:04 PM
danielyonker
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I class is pretty lonely now - I was the only car running in it at LRP so I think I may have to go down to H so I have some people to race with!
Toss your masculinity out the door and come race a Skirtster!
Old 04-26-2015, 05:39 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Congrats to Yonkhole.... first mortal to break the one minute barrier in a spec boxster. Congrats bud! Impressive driving this weekend.

G
Old 04-26-2015, 05:54 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by danielyonker
Toss your masculinity out the door and come race a Skirtster!
....but I don't know how to cut hair!
Old 04-26-2015, 06:19 PM
danielyonker
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjabones
Congrats to Yonkhole.... first mortal to break the one minute barrier in a spec boxster. Congrats bud! Impressive driving this weekend.

G
Thanks Glenstain. Don't think I actually broke the 1:00.00 barrier, at least according to race monitor. I saw a 0:59.98 on the GPS, but apparently it was off.

Congrats to you for your podium finish - you did very well to keep Dawe from getting by.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:58 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Thanks Glenstain. Don't think I actually broke the 1:00.00 barrier, at least according to race monitor. I saw a 0:59.98 on the GPS, but apparently it was off.
Just like the weekend long ago with your 997S at the Riesentoter Summit Point DE, it's always been the car
Old 04-26-2015, 08:57 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Congrats to you for your podium finish - you did very well to keep Dawe from getting by.
Yonker, I enjoyed watching you motor that course, particularly the left hander. I remember it taking me a LONG time to get sub 1min in my F class boxster so i can only imagine how tough it is in that spb. i was watching the left hander right hander near big bend where the gt3r was parked, you were owning that corner in that car. well done!!
Old 04-26-2015, 09:02 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I thought the Orange group was as well behaved as any, and the corner workers were johnny perfect with the flags. i had some overtakes where i thought guys were eyes aware, showed intentions, followed through and it made it easier on most. a few guys would open up, and then close down which wasnt easy breezy but for the most part, well done. cant remember the last time a Cup car/cayman grouping went green the whole way, and for a solid # of laps. felt like 30 minutes of running or thereabouts.
no way they should have gone green after 1 lap at LRP with cup cars. mistake in a big way. i was barely to temp after the 2 in race 1 and had to let Analog dude have the lead for a smidge. great racing.
with that snow, santa could have joined and done well.

No - that happened later in the race and cased the Red Flag.

Thanks Todd! Come with me to GTB1! Some really good drivers there.

Orange Group Race I was actually pretty uneventful with some great racing.

Orange Group Race II started with the pace car coming in after only one warm-up lap, even though it was agreed that for the Orange group it would be two. Some people didn't warm up their tires and we had an interesting situation in T1. Unfortunately, the white GT3 ended up facing downhill on the uphill on its side after about 15/15 laps. Race Control could't figure out in a reasonable amount of time the correct re-start order which caused cars to overheat. A mad dash to the finish line after that. My sense is that they'll figure out the correct results at some point.

Quick Reply: Lime Rock Club Race