Sponsored by:

Racing suits, what are the differences?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 12:10 PM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Well, you may want to bump fire protection to the top spot with the fit being a close second!

In the past I have gone out in jeans and t-shirt at DE. I realized that this is stupid - fire doesn't know it is only practice! This year I am going to wear my firesuit whenever I am driving on the track (and to bed, just like the Stig!)
Yes, but as everywhere, I guess everyone draws the line where they want concerning their own safety. On the average track day I see people driving in jeans and t shirts. And wearing cotton clothing underneath your racing suit isn't really ideal either, as the cotton soaks heat and you will basically get cooked by the sweat steaming when there is a fire.

You have people doing track days with a street car using 3 point belt, an open face helmet, in jeans, t shirt and regular shoes. You have people doing it in a fully caged car, with 6 point, hans, and fully FIA compliant clothing underwear included, and all variations between those 2 extremes.

Personally, I am of the jeans and t shirt type atm, using 6 point + HANS and closed helmet (drove with open face helmet once, I hated it, never used it again).
Since I have the Cup car I have a fire extinguisher that is armed every time I drive the car. Maybe it's time to "suit up"

Quick Reply: Racing suits, what are the differences?