Sponsored by:

Sebring 2015

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 09:00 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 74 Posts

Great weekend in the Orange group. It was nice to put some names to some faces in SPB. I was happy to see a 9th, 7th, and 5th place in that group. I have some good highlights for the video coming soon.

I do want to leave a note for all (OK really just one) our fellow racers and it is this:

KEEP THE %^&# UP WITH THE &*^$@ PACK DURING @#$%# YELLOW LAPS!!!!!!

That is all.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:49 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,241 Likes on 1,576 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
Great weekend in the Orange group. It was nice to put some names to some faces in SPB. I was happy to see a 9th, 7th, and 5th place in that group. I have some good highlights for the video coming soon.

I do want to leave a note for all (OK really just one) our fellow racers and it is this:

KEEP THE %^&# UP WITH THE &*^$@ PACK DURING @#$%# YELLOW LAPS!!!!!!

That is all.
One of the hardest parts of the weekend as a newbie was the formation lap.

Too much of a gap - better speed up! Oh $hit the guy in front of me has stopped dead. Just missed rear ending him.

Now repeat this ten more times on the formation lap. I was exhausted by the time I got the green flag.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:51 PM
Harvey in FL
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Juan Lopez
The view from my seat:
Hey Juan,

Looking at the video, I see you, that is Dr. Smoooth is have a great time going fast. Seems to be a little faster than your older 911.

I guess I need to fix my line a little to be like yours. I could not make Sebring this year to cheer you on; but looking forward to next time.

Good luck.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:54 PM
Joe T
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"One hell of a drive Cory- dead last to 3rd overall in the second sprint with little practice? And fastest lap of the weekend, in a borrowed car?? Not sure why you're not a paid driver in a pro series."

+1000!!!
Old 02-02-2015, 10:03 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
One of the hardest parts of the weekend as a newbie was the formation lap.

Too much of a gap - better speed up! Oh $hit the guy in front of me has stopped dead. Just missed rear ending him.

Now repeat this ten more times on the formation lap. I was exhausted by the time I got the green flag.
Sure, as a rookie.

Veteran driver toodling around at half throttle during a several lap double yellow is totally unacceptable. Particularly when he is between cars in the same class and a lap down.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:23 PM
danielyonker
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
Sure, as a rookie.

Veteran driver toodling around at half throttle during a several lap double yellow is totally unacceptable. Particularly when he is between cars in the same class and a lap down.
+ 200 on this sheeeeet
Old 02-02-2015, 10:39 PM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Aw man what a weekend...E class had some epic battles and close racing all weekend...
Miesner Buckley Parnell Mark White and I were all so close...I think it was .5 second between us all weekend

Live blog looked pretty cool but not much love on the letter cars..I mean we have a passenger seat so it coulda been blogged from in track.

Great event big thanks to all the volunteers and workers...will post more when I can
Old 02-02-2015, 11:10 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Harvey in FL
Hey Juan,

Looking at the video, I see you, that is Dr. Smoooth is have a great time going fast. Seems to be a little faster than your older 911.

I guess I need to fix my line a little to be like yours. I could not make Sebring this year to cheer you on; but looking forward to next time.

Good luck.
Yes sir, 18 secs faster per lap! I drove the first 68 minutes on #29 Blue/Green 911ST. That was an honor and a hoot! 2:22:55 on a 2.5 liter!

See you next year!
Old 02-02-2015, 11:14 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 164 Posts

duplicate
Old 02-02-2015, 11:17 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by danielyonker
+ 200 on this sheeeeet

Based on the amount of gesticulation going on in front of me during the enduro, I figured you would agree with that.

45 extra seconds on the stop cost me several positions too.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:31 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

Great event, great weather.......and I enjoyed catching up with a lot of fellow RListers there. Juan, well done.
My guys Alex, Chip and Andy sure held their own.

Stuart, I enjoyed the 3 laps in my old car.....it's been a while but the love is still so strong for a 997 Cup!

Joe T, sorry I missed you there buddy.....

Cheers!

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 02-02-2015, 11:38 PM
mmuller
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Nice driving Yonker! Looking forward to sharing the racetrack again with you at RA. Had fun racing that first sprint (I should have video tomorrow. In somewhereville, VA on the way home tonight) with you and the Texas boys. That finish sure was a close one. That Mr. Gladwell sure is a cool cookie and able to control the race and like you said, it was like getting a free coaching session on race craft and driver control.

Just wish I had the same car in Sprint 2. After finding two dragging front calipers just before sprint 2, I was pretty sure it was going to be hard to hold on to the front pack. A spin in 1 didn't help. That I was able to get a 5th in Sprint 2 still made me happy as the little Yellow car had been through so much since its crash at VIR, I was just glad it performed.

What a great week and it was great to catch up with people. Sebring is such a perfect way to start the year. Congrats to the region and organizers for a terrifically run event and to the National Staff who give their time.

Can't wait for a great year of racing!
Old 02-03-2015, 08:20 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 607 Likes on 297 Posts
Default First race in Cup Car

Really enjoyed the weekend at Sebring, a few small issues with the car that we got worked out Thanks Viper Bob with help on the brakes. Dwayne and David great to meet fellow class races that has always been one of the best parts of PCA racing. David almost meeting you in turn 1 of first sprint was a surprise but all worked out OK Look forward to more seat time to learn car and improve, thanks to all the event volunteers.
Rich
Attached Images  
Old 02-03-2015, 11:46 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

I was yellow 101 STUNTWEAR car.

Had a great weekend, still learning racing in E class but it was fun chasing the front runners when i didnt break LOL.

Start and restart were exciting.i made mistakes but it was so much fun!
Thanks to those who helped me not hit them. They must have read my STUNTWEAR sponsorship
Car needs to become more up to spec but now it had a proper shake down.
Look forward to more PCA racing this year.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:18 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 92 Posts
Default Sebring

Thanks to Autometrics and to these regions hosting a great event.

For me, first time back in a race car since May 2011. Had some battery / coil problems which caused me to miss the first session and most of the second session on Friday, and I had a real hard time digging my way out of that hole. But first day back I did manage a few 2:10s and had a 2:09 in the bag until I caught traffic. MoTeC video for some reason the sound lags the video (so no, I am not really braking that late nor am i that late on throttle :-)

I was actually pleased with myself until I saw Juan's video! That's what you call "in control" and flying. And what a fun car...

PS - frustration about catching traffic was at myself not the other driver - he left me plenty of room.

Quick Reply: Sebring 2015