Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   New AiM MXS Dash (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/848188-new-aim-mxs-dash.html)

Matt Romanowski 12-11-2014 11:37 PM

New AiM MXS Dash

3 Attachment(s)
Check out the photos for the new MXS dash. It's essentially a smaller MXG. The overall size is the about that of the MXL2. The hardware is the same as the MXL2 and MXG, so it's very, very powerful. Planned release is end of February, which should be a realistic date.

If folks are interested, let me know and we I can take pre-orders. In the next few weeks, I'll also have a one of a kind product put together for folks with the new dashes. It will change how they can operate their MXL2/MXG and add a lot of functionality. I can't wait to release it!

There was a lot of other info that all I can say is very exciting on the hardware and software side. The guys at AiM are really dedicated to their products and as passionate as I've ever seen.

ProCoach 12-12-2014 01:01 AM

I will take orders, when they are in my hand.

Keep the photos and news coming, Matt!

Beantown Kman 12-12-2014 12:21 PM

Not sure how to choose between this and the new MXL2.

ProCoach 12-12-2014 02:26 PM

MXS is 5" color dash, MXG is 7" color dash. MXL2 is monochrome.

All tech same functionality.

Matt Romanowski 12-12-2014 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Beantown Kman (Post 11871074)
Not sure how to choose between this and the new MXL2.

I'll email with some considerations, but it really comes down to if you want a color display or monochrome/red.

The color displays of the MXS and MXG will also eventually be more configurable, but that is a ways into the future.

Beantown Kman 12-12-2014 03:09 PM

Got it! Is there much of a difference between the MXL and the MXL2?

The bigger question: As I am planning to install a new dash this winter, what should it be? I was told the MXG is not a good fit for my Cayman. And, yes, I want an AiM dash.

Circuit Motorsports 12-12-2014 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski (Post 11870090)
Planned release is end of February, which should be a realistic date.

hahaha

:banghead::banghead:

Matt when will you learn....

Matt Romanowski 12-12-2014 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Beantown Kman (Post 11871526)

The bigger question: As I am planning to install a new dash this winter, what should it be? I was told the MXG is not a good fit for my Cayman. And, yes, I want an AiM dash.

MXL2

ProCoach 12-12-2014 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Beantown Kman (Post 11871526)

HUGE difference between MXL and MXL2! Three axis accelerometers, pitch, yaw and roll gyros, integrated GPS, MUCh more programmable alarms and shift lights, and TEN years newer design and internal architecture.

I have sold several MXG's and a few MXL2's to Cayman and Boxster drivers without complaint.

ProCoach 12-12-2014 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports (Post 11871563)
hahaha

:banghead::banghead:

Matt when will you learn....

Hahaha! He's an optimist! A good thing in this business.

Circuit Motorsports 12-12-2014 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by ProCoach (Post 11871656)
Hahaha! He's an optimist! A good thing in this business.

Absolutely

I think the MXS will be a heck of a seller once it's out. The MXG is just so big. Unless you have a fab'd up dash most cars don't have room for it it seems.