Sponsored by:

Sponsorship for DE?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 11:17 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 76 Posts

rmag that must have been just awesome to see and be a part of. Wow!

Now this one takes me back. Early days. I can't remember if this was before GH won his first championship but it was definitely a thrill, no, an honor, to be able to catch this DE victory on my video. Just an honor.

I think I knew then that I was witnessing the birth of a champion. I only wish I'd screwed up the nerve to introduce myself then as he has become larger than life to me and I could never approach him now.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:23 AM
Musche
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
rmag that must have been just awesome to see and be a part of. Wow!

Now this one takes me back. Early days. I can't remember if this was before GH won his first championship but it was definitely a thrill, no, an honor, to be able to catch this DE victory on my video. Just an honor.

I think I knew then that I was witnessing the birth of a champion. I only wish I'd screwed up the nerve to introduce myself then as he has become larger than life to me and I could never approach him now.

YouTube
Hey Cupcake...your video is private....
Old 10-27-2014, 11:25 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Try now.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:26 AM
Musche
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

And I find it amazing that this guy keeps a checkered flag in his glove box......just in case. Now that is confidence!
Old 10-27-2014, 12:23 PM
Dr911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Musche
And I find it amazing that this guy keeps a checkered flag in his glove box......just in case. Now that is confidence!
What????!!
You mean you don't???!!!
My sponsors have told me to be ready when the moment arrives.

Sheesh. SMH.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:32 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,833 Likes on 1,670 Posts

Hahahaha! Touche!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 10-27-2014, 01:47 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,276 Likes on 1,584 Posts

When I man the tech line at a DE race I am always on the lookout for a checkered flag in the glove box. If it is an experienced DE racer, with wins under his belt, I let it go. But if it is some guy in green I say, "you've got to earn this rook" and take the flag away.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:22 PM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 148 Posts

I like how Good Hands' competition for the podium was a drink cup and a suitcase.
But the drink cup clearly has a sponsor, so that's something.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:21 PM
multi21
On temporary vacation

Received 2,895 Likes on 1,719 Posts

Ha! Where are all the Good Hands detractors now??? All the haters that called him a faux DE champion with an extra button on his steering wheel etc??? Sure a lot of people thought he was washed up after his personal problems or that he was too old -- but after he got out of rehab, of course its going to take a little time to get back to the same form. But you DON'T JUST FORGET HOW TO DRIVE AFTER WINNING 4 CONSECUTIVE DE CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Now look at him... and for all those that say it's the car or the chicks, you just don't know what you're talking about.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:15 PM
Dr911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
When I man the tech line at a DE race I am always on the lookout for a checkered flag in the glove box. If it is an experienced DE racer, with wins under his belt, I let it go. But if it is some guy in green I say, "you've got to earn this rook" and take the flag away.
We're all friends here so, in the interest of full disclosure, I should tell you. I'm not some guy in green... \m/
Just sayin'
Old 10-27-2014, 08:21 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 167 Posts

Me to. Seems like it would take up beer space.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:41 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DTMiller
My understanding is that a formal protest has been filed and this victory will not be final until tech inspection is complete. I just hope the rumors of an unapproved plunge cut are just that, rumors. My kids would be crushed to learn that one of their heroes is a cheater.
Originally Posted by Pete
Ha! Where are all the Good Hands detractors now??? All the haters that called him a faux DE champion with an extra button on his steering wheel etc??? Sure a lot of people thought he was washed up after his personal problems or that he was too old -- but after he got out of rehab, of course its going to take a little time to get back to the same form. But you DON'T JUST FORGET HOW TO DRIVE AFTER WINNING 4 CONSECUTIVE DE CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Now look at him... and for all those that say it's the car or the chicks, you just don't know what you're talking about.
Let me set the record straight. I do need a skosh more plunge in my driving suit than most but I still put it on one leg at a time like the rest of you DE'rs.

Yes the rehab is true (and brief jail time) but being naive and easily swayed by fame I really believed them when they said they were 18. Honestly. After a huge DE victory with the champagne flowing it is so easy to be taken advantage of. I have consulted my good friend Patrick Dempsey who is in a very similar situation and feel like he has helped refocus me to the tasks at hand .
Old 10-30-2014, 10:46 AM
aj986s
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I know Good Hands. And I can't deny his driving skills. But 5 years ago I was in contention for the title. Until his bump draft turned into a PIT maneuver, sending me into the weeds.

As far as I'm concerned.....this should be his podium.
Name:  de champ tp.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  264.3 KB
Old 10-30-2014, 12:09 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

^^
Attached Images  
Old 10-31-2014, 12:22 AM
Dr911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Streak
^^
Ok that's gotta be the poster child for Midol...Or Maybe the prostate clinic.

Very Rowan Atkinson aka Mr Bean. Who is actually an excellent driver you know, held the top spot in Top Gear over two seasons at least.

Bravo brother man Streak! LMAO!!!!

Quick Reply: Sponsorship for DE?