Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Or even NJMP. Something
Old 10-20-2014, 11:47 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

I pushed for Lime Rock, being from NY/Boston, but they could only provide a 2 day event timeframe and that wasn't enough for all the support races.....

But c'mon.......COTA, Laguna, Infineon, Rd America, Mid Ohio, Mosport.....those are some killer tracks!

And now PWC is doing their own stand alone events at COTA and Laguna....good things to come for sure!

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 10-21-2014, 10:39 AM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by analogmike
That's an opinion I have not seen much of. It's a favorite of fans and racers and has had more pro races than all but a handful of US tracks. It is sad that there is no racing on Sunday.
agreed. lime rock is a beast of a track. blender, short track racing. amazing for fans who can walk the infield and see every corner over the course of a race.

WC looks good. if i were running in that GT field i would take issue with allowing some of the GTS guys to come into GT without being qualified or approved. GTS guys will not want to be second fiddle, they'll buy those GT3 CUPs. the one guy they just announced joining the GT3 field in the press release , based on whta i saw last year, struggled in GTS and caused a number of issues over 2 years. now going to GT3? its an amazing series with , no question about it, the best cars and some of the best drivers. but also some of the least experienced drivers, now without a slower car they can more properly control.
a guy who cant control a mustang in GTS now jumping up into a gt3 cup which is 2x more complicated to drive....could create a lot of frustration and wrecked cars.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:16 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Only thing I'd worry about w/ some of the GTS drivers jumping into the GT3 Cup is the lack of ABS --- if they dive down on the inside of a corner, panic, lockup and drill a GT3 car (similar to what the GT3 car did to a GTS car at St. Pete in 2014) that's going to be a very expensive repair.

But most of the GTS drivers are very good (and the guys at the front are just as good as the guys at the front of GT). There's a couple people (in each class, not GTS) who really shouldn't be out there. As I've said before it's not because they're slow, it's because they're completely unaware of what's going on around them-- either from incompetence or overloaded with trying to drive AND race.

Either way PWC is shaping up to be pretty awesome next year. Hope I can get something together to drive the Ferrari or something else in at least a few of the rounds!

edit: forgot to mention. i'm not from the North East and I've raced at LimeRock 3 different times (Ferrari Challenge, ALMS GTC, Rolex DP) and I'm happy it's not on the schedule. the people and the area is cool, but the track is at the bottom of my "fun" list to race on.

-mike
Old 12-15-2014, 10:35 AM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

PWC is working with PCA to have Porsche Corrals at each of the PWC stand alone events for 2015: COTA, Laguna Seca, Mosport, Millers, Road America.

Stayed tuned.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:32 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 944Cup
PWC is working with PCA to have Porsche Corrals at each of the PWC stand alone events for 2015: COTA, Laguna Seca, Mosport, Millers, Road America.

Stayed tuned.
That's good to hear. I've been very impressed by fan access/interaction at the PWC events and it sounds like they're making it better for 2015. If you haven't checked out a PWC race in person I'd highly recommend it. And obviously, if I'm there you guys are welcome to stop by and I can show you around the rig/car.

-mike
Old 12-15-2014, 04:57 PM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Why no VIR.....makes no sense
Old 12-15-2014, 10:05 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,726 Likes on 914 Posts

Originally Posted by Der ABT
Why no VIR.....makes no sense
PWC seems to be more geared to west/mid-west tracks. Maybe the calendar didn't work. Maybe they're ceding the good east coast tracks to IMSA. Who knows.

Good news is that IMSA hits every major eastern track next season: Sebring, Daytona, Road Atlanta, VIR, Lime Rock, Watkins Glen, & Mostport plus they get COTA, Road America, Detroit, Long Beach, and Laguna.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:28 PM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Nascar Tracks

France family owns RA, Sebring and Watkins Glen. France family also owns IMSA (aka Tudor Series) direct competitor of PWC. Don't look
For PWC to race at these tracks anytime soon.
Like Cup Daddy said at the end of the day it is all about how many bucks are going to the bank.

ApexPerformance.net
Premier Racing Outfitters

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: chamerly@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist-10 on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

PCA Club Racing - National Sponsor

Quick Reply: Pirelli World Challenge Announces 2015 Schedule