Sponsored by:

Helmet Cam from NJMP - Delaware PCA DE

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 02:22 PM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave DE
Any observations on iRacing vs the real thing? I imagine it gave you a big head start learning the line.
I was very busy for the weeks leading up to the event so I only got about an hour of time at the track on iRacing. I was able to learn the track layout some before being there which may have helped my driving line. I think doing iRacing in general helped me smooth out my steering input when driving at speed. If you're not smooth on the sim, you're going to spin.

One thing that iRacing didn't prepare me for was how tight the octopus really is on the track. No g-forces on my sim setup, that was clearly evident once I started pushing the car harder.

Overall I credit my awesome instructor for moving me up throughout the 2 day experience. It also helped that the first run was in the wet so while I was passing everyone in the rain, I got to learn the track at a relaxed pace.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:37 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by cello
Cool vid! Like the perspective...

Here is a vid for Day 1, 2nd morning session, i think, Red Group. Best time is Lap 4 (~4:40 mark on vid).. How do you embed Vimeo here???? I used to be able to do it

Great event as usual!

https://vimeo.com/108191220

Just copy and paste. As long as you are on a PC
Old 10-08-2014, 08:04 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

^ Thanks... Its so simple only a nitwit can't do it, uh wait.....

However, this nitwit is still not sure he understands - I did initially copy and paste the Vimeo link which did not work and showed up as,.... a link.

Can you give a slower RLer a tutorial??? TIA!!
Old 10-08-2014, 08:29 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by superfast02911
Nice driving and very nice lap times...I need to get me a Traqmate. Love the information it provides.
Thanks.

Data is good. If looking for a TM system, PM Mooty here he usually has a few laying about for good prices. Might also PM ProCoach as he knows and sells the systems and might steer you to something else depending on your needs/wants/desires.

Good driving as well. It is time for some form of data logger as then one can no longer hide. 'Groundhogs Day' laps get old after a while
Old 10-10-2014, 03:20 PM
Captain Slow
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a funky weekend with my laptimes all over the place. My goal was to try to break into high 1:29s or 1:30s but I was not up to it mentally
Best lap was in first session of the entire event .... 1:31.2 - starts around 12:00 on video

Last edited by Captain Slow; 10-10-2014 at 03:42 PM. Reason: you tube link
Old 10-10-2014, 10:35 PM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 174 Posts

Nice perspective. Impressively stable image. Just a heads up (no pun intended): I used to run with my visor open all the time, until I got nailed a couple of times with hot rubber chunks. Each time they flew right through the open window, into my helmet and struck me high on the cheek right below my eye. That was enough. Visor closed from now on. That, or make sure you have sunglasses on. Okay--public service announcement over.

BTW, all of you guys are flying! Impressive lap times. Best I've managed so far is high 1:36s in my former 2011 M3 on R-comps, and now 1:36.1 in my 991S on street tires. I'll be watching all of your videos for tips.

Quick Reply: Helmet Cam from NJMP - Delaware PCA DE