Sponsored by:

Mosport Club Race - who'll be there?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 12:39 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

I am volunteering at the Club Race (as well as participating in the advanced DE) and wondering who might be there. I am especially interested in who will be racing Caymans. My worker assignment will be on the grid. I'll bring my ear plugs.
And good luck/safe racing to all of you.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:49 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish I could make it this year! You'll have an incredible time. There are a couple of fast Caymans in UCR -- one with a 3.8 and Martini livery.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:27 PM
Bill N
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking forward, Rick.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:16 PM
Quinlan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be there with my SC!
Old 07-29-2014, 04:25 PM
Burkey
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RickBetterley
I am volunteering at the Club Race (as well as participating in the advanced DE) and wondering who might be there.
I am especially interested in who will be racing Caymans.
Not sure what my worker assignment will be but it might be on the grid.
And good luck/safe racing to all of you.
I will be there registration looks to be light for the Club Race, would love to take a close look at your car Rick, it is going to be the next step for me

Burkey
Old 07-29-2014, 06:34 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Burkey
I will be there registration looks to be light for the Club Race, would love to take a close look at your car Rick, it is going to be the next step for me Burkey
Come on by and I'll give you the tour. Car is fantastic; Spencer *** and his crew are impressive and easy to deal with.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:36 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by pontifex4
I wish I could make it this year! You'll have an incredible time. There are a couple of fast Caymans in UCR -- one with a 3.8 and Martini livery.
Sorry you can't join us.
I can imagine what the 3.8 must be like - my car with a 3.8? That would be amazing.
Someday...
Old 07-29-2014, 07:33 PM
Paseb
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

i will be racing with 2 of my buddies(1x 997 cup and 2x boxster S) , my dad will do the DE with his 997 4S

come say hi !
Old 07-29-2014, 07:49 PM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm thinking of going to this race, and wanted to ask what sort of experiences U.S. board members have had with customs/border issues from trailering their race car to Mosport. Is there any particular documentation I should have on me?
Old 07-29-2014, 09:11 PM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 148 Posts

It's your personal car and tow equipment, to be returned back to the usa. You're going for an amateur experience, and earning nothing while in Canada, not volunteering, and not instructing. Bring a detailed list of each and every item to be carried into Canada and then returned. A few years back there was a US customs form you could complete detailing the equipment being brought into Canada to be returned to the US and you could have US customs stamp it on the way out and review on the way back--no doubt that's changed. Bring government proof of ownership of the racecar, as well as all the usual documents for your tow and trailer. Bring passprort or enhanced driver's license, iirc. Don't recall if birth cert and driver's license together are sufficient anymore.

The Canadians are afraid you're selling your belongings without paying fees, or earning income that a Canadian might otherwise. The US side, well, they're just paranoid about you and your stuff.

Do a search--I recall a number of threads with details.

Last edited by mhm993; 07-29-2014 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:34 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

I'll be there, look forward to seeing your car Rick.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:37 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by fuenfer
I'm thinking of going to this race, and wanted to ask what sort of experiences U.S. board members have had with customs/border issues from trailering their race car to Mosport. Is there any particular documentation I should have on me?
Here's the customs form:
http://clubregistration.net/club_adm...r_and_Bond.pdf

Just have your ownership/registration/title for car & trailer along with race or DE registration. You'll be fine.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:23 PM
wildcat077
Drifting

Received 186 Likes on 160 Posts

I should be there for the Club Race and Enduro if i get my clutch done in time ... blew up on race three at the Summer Classic at LCMT last Sunday ...
Parts are on order !

Cheers
Phil
Old 07-30-2014, 11:05 AM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the information, folks!
Old 07-30-2014, 11:41 AM
chartersb
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by fuenfer
It's no sweat as long as you are crossing the border for personal reasons, i.e racing, fishing, sightseeing, visiting, going to Tim Hortons, etc. it's simple as long as your car/truck/trailer has your personal stuff (no guns) and you're not leaving or selling anything when in Canada. If it's not business, just personal then it's a non issue. Everyone needs photo ID, passport preferred to get into Canada and 2 forms of photo ID passport or enhanced DL to get back into the US. Check with the UCR Club Race site if you want more details. I cross back and forth from the US a couple of times a month and the only delay with the race car came when the US guy was a fan, wanted to see the Porsche race car and talk about Mosport.

Quick Reply: Mosport Club Race - who'll be there?