Sponsored by:

PCA LA officiating is a joke Festival of speed

Old 04-07-2014, 04:12 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by mrbill_fl

Why would you not run the enduro if you are on a 13/13?

any video on the incident that created the 13?
A 13 means you are done racing for that weekend. So if he had gotten a 13 on Saturday he could not race the Enduro at all by the rules. That's how I understand it.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:15 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SoClose
Ouch- a lot of rage in gt2turbo's posts. Certainly seems like we're missing some info here.
The steward is very experienced in that position and imho has always thoroughly investigated incidents. Maybe more video emerged during the enduro that changed his mind? I remember that Cervelli posted his video online which weeks later lead to a reversal of the original ruling.
Unusual to call out another on this site, but I have pretty strong feelings about that driver as well, for me personally earned at Sebring and Cota last year. I think that anyone less than a true professional would have difficulty keeping that car under control.
What kind of car are we talking about?
Old 04-07-2014, 04:26 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
Gotta be a spec box
Old 04-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Tell us how you really feel.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:55 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
Gotta be a spec box
That's very funny.

But on Sunday morning I heard there was an issue with a Ciup Car
And on Friday somebody got 13ed in a Cayman.

You gotta love how race drivers gossip.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:58 PM
mrbill_fl
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

A 13 means you are done racing for that weekend. So if he had gotten a 13 on Saturday he could not race the Enduro at all by the rules. That's how I understand it.
I didn't know you were done for the weekend, I thought it was just probation for the next 13 months.

IF the probation is not in effect before the start of a race, it shouldn't be after the fact.
The probation period should start after the completion of the enduro. or, the next race after the decision.

Retroactively implementing probation would make me mad as Hell too.

really need more details...
Old 04-07-2014, 05:09 PM
loxner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta be a spec box
As they say in Texas..."Them's fightin' words!"

Old 04-07-2014, 06:17 PM
Greg Phillips
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts
Default PCA California Festival of Speed

Originally Posted by gt2urbo
i dont give a **** how it makes me look... lol thats for all u fake ******** on here to worry about. fact is i was cleared to race an enduro after the 13 /13 incident. And didnt receive a 13/13 till after that the enduro. The steward saw the vid and talked to both drivers BEFORE THE ENDURO... IF i knew i had a 13/13 BEFORE I WOULDN'T HAVE RUN THE ENDURO... i truly believe that i was the victim of politics as usual... GOOD L BOYS CLUB. Again i could give a **** what most of you say or think about me and my posts.
Mo MONEY MO PULL.
Then for medical part the steward hands me to a "ER " doctor whom is sipping on a cocktail and looks like hes on his 5th glossed over eyes...at 5pm
not to mention Bob took my injury as a joke and when his "ER" doctor said i should go to the ER LMAO

1 national steward to decide them all. sounds like a bad lord of the rings trailer...
IDEA = bring more than one steward to a big event like this. You couldn't even deal with one incident

The POC has 6 people making these 13/13 decisions why doesnt a bigger club have a better system?
A few facts
1. The event is put on by Zone 8, although some of the organizers and the Zone 8 rep are from San Diego Region
2 The steward (and scrutineer and timing person) are sent from PCA national and this one was from Minnesota.
3 I was the medical liaison for the event, which means I was in charge of making sure the safety crews met the standards set by PCA, which they did. They provide first responder services, not a full ER.
4 One of the organizers is an ER physician, but that is not his function at the event. His best advice was to go to an ER where an injury could be fully evaluated with tests or X-rays as needed

One of the reasons for having the team sent from out of town is to try and minimize any feelings of having home team refs and not having an impartial review. Does that make it perfect, of course not but overall it is a fairly designed system.

I know none of the details surrounding the incident, I was having fun running in the time trial group.

Greg Phillips
Old 04-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Gotta be a spec box
Old 04-07-2014, 07:52 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Correct me if I am wrong. But from what I can remember a hospital with an X-ray machine and an Orthopedic Surgeon is a better place to evaluate and fix a wrist than an ER Doctor eating dinner.

And from what I have seen by the Festival's Safety Record they are doing the right things.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:36 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by SoClose
Unusual to call out another on this site, but I have pretty strong feelings about that driver as well, for me personally earned at Sebring and Cota last year. I think that anyone less than a true professional would have difficulty keeping that car under control.
Just for clarification, you're talking about the RSR driver not the OP right?
Old 04-08-2014, 12:39 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Vonschmidt
Really? Why in the world would anyone expose themselves this way. I'm sorry if there were or were not mistakes made. I have been the victim of an incorrect call, but you present your video, make your case and if they still find against you have a drink and forget about it. However in this case there seems to be some real anger here and the OP pointed out he would be seeing Klaus again in a month. Is this COTA? I would really like an answer to this from OP as I think the rest of us deserve to know the mental state of those next to us in the close quarters of Gentlemen's racing.
He's a great driver and just fine on the track. Although I disagree with his choice of venue, it's his prerogative to rant and accept the consequences.....
Old 04-08-2014, 12:40 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Op in 2007 3.8 cup, other car is a 2012 RSR (factory). They qualified 3rd and 2nd respectively out of 35 cars....
Old 04-08-2014, 08:56 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,390 Likes on 743 Posts

Actually a GT3 R rather than an RSR, i believe.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:46 AM
SoClose
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Just for clarification, you're talking about the RSR driver not the OP right?
Yessir-

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PCA LA officiating is a joke Festival of speed