Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Level 5 withdraws from TUSCC

Old 02-27-2014, 05:05 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,870 Likes on 1,709 Posts

Given what happened with the BS ruling, which of course resulted in no TV air time/advertising/marketing promotion on the podium and the constant changing of rules and grid size, I could see this coming. Basically they're saying it's not a pro level series or run like a pro level series. We'll come back if they get their act together. Makes sense
Old 02-27-2014, 05:15 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The driver coach that Tucker had exclusively employed for the last few years was no longer exclusively associated with them as of a month or two ago.

I have a feeling that Tucker's interest may be waning and now isn't willing to add extra money at will to the team either. Just my guess.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:06 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,398 Likes on 747 Posts

Yup. Ed Zabinski...
Old 02-28-2014, 12:05 AM
turbochad
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Tucker's pay day money train may be under pressure now that the feds are coming down on him. With Tucker, the truth is hard to know for sure.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:58 AM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 46 Posts

My tech used to crew for L5. He's been around but was still impressed by the money they used to spend. Like the year they went to the Petit with 2x LMP2 and 2x GTC cars.
They flew a helmet guy over from the UK, to, you guessed it, take care of the helmets.
They also flew over factory driver Sasha Maassen to set up the Cups. And he did but the GTC cars (and 5 crew) didn't budge the rest of the week- Tucker decided to concentrate on winning the LMP2 title.
It was the right thing to do but you'd think that decision would be made before the week of the race. It struck me as a guy spending money faster than someone could take it away from him.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:29 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 519 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
I personally would rather see teams try to fix the system from within versus taking their ball and going home. It never set well with me what TRG would pull out and demand concessions over the years. And this doesn't set well with me either. However, I've never been a fan of Level5 so I can't say that I really care that they are leaving. I just feel bad for the drivers and employees.
Bit of a difference between TRG and L5 though. For Buckler, this IS his business, it's not a hobby like with many of these guys like Tucker. If you're in the business of racing and the rules are stacked against you, you're not going to have someone pay for a ride, which is the TRG Business model - someone is always paying for the ride. Without the $$, they don't race.

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 02-28-2014, 03:57 PM
syncspeedinc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, if I am reading their own statement correctly, they are upset with the available size of paddock space ( i.e. too large of a field of cars ), The protest that went their way and they won, the rules fluctuating after a single race in the season and they want a democracy of car owners to decide the rules ( what series does this happen in, none? ) I know PR and public face saving when I read it, this is clearly all about something else entirely.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:04 PM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree Chris. It all comes back to the $$$ I'm sure.

The deal on size of paddock space cracks me up.

FYI, I'll be needing a 10,000 SF paddock space for our NJMP 12 hour effort for our single spec miata. Look forward to seeing you there although I'm bummed that TGIW is pus$ing out and running E4!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Level 5 withdraws from TUSCC