Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIM HD box or GP lipstick model ?

Old 02-16-2014, 04:00 PM
w00tw00t
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Caddell! .. actually the Z06 is me.. it was my last smartycam video of an extremely wet pacific raceways day where a chump car oiled the entire back half of the track..

If that's what your smartycam hd also sounds like then I'm just going to wait until they release the external mic option..

thanks for the offer to meet up!!
Old 02-16-2014, 04:08 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,799 Likes on 1,654 Posts

Roger (Caddell) is one of the BEST resources for AiM in this country.

You should take him up on his offer. He works for the company and is a fantastic ambassador.

I think it's impossible to determine through a YouTube video audio (and video) quality. I know you've had trouble but let them try to follow up.

Give the offer of the demo a try?
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 02-16-2014, 04:39 PM
w00tw00t
Instructor

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Roger (Caddell) is one of the BEST resources for AiM in this country.

You should take him up on his offer. He works for the company and is a fantastic ambassador.

I think it's impossible to determine through a YouTube video audio (and video) quality. I know you've had trouble but let them try to follow up.

Give the offer of the demo a try?
Did not know that, glad to know we have a AiM resource local to PacNW! Caddell I will PM you!

Ps - Procoach you will have to trust me on the audio - I have heard the raw audio many times - it was very disappointing to the point that I just sold my camera. Nothing to do with youtube processing the audio in anyway. I will get the smartycam hd again if they fix the audio.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:41 PM
w00tw00t
Instructor

just as a comparison, here's a video of me (when I had a M3) with a gopro and an external mic.. this is why I want the AiM extrernal mic option..!

Old 02-16-2014, 04:53 PM
Caddell
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still think your original SCHD was defective on the audio. Here is a 1 lap video from a standard, very early, SCHD from the 2013 SCCA Runoffs:
I fully understand the desire for an external mic and agree for many reasons but if you watch a little of this video, even with the open windows and rain that effects the audio quality, I find the current audio to be satisfactory.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:08 PM
w00tw00t
Instructor

Wow that is night and day!! You're right my original SCHD must be defective.. PMing you now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AIM HD box or GP lipstick model ?